Betty's Booboo

Guest dobiegrey

Guest dobiegrey

Well like I wrote in my first post on Thursday Betty got a big ole' booboo on her flank on Thursday and it had to be surgically repaired, had her back at the vet yesterday because the bruising and edema was so bad I thought she was bleeding under her skin. They checked her blood count (PCV) and it was fine but to make sure her bruising did not contiue or if some little something was seeping (nothing big was cut) they did a pressure bandage around her middle and chest area (SHE HATES IT) they used mostly vetwrap anchored with some bandage tape, well the bandage tape has come loose all but one 4 inch square patch on her underchest and I cannot seem to get it off with out really hurting her and her skin is so thin under there that I don't want to just pull that would just be wayyyyyy toooo cruel!! So any ideas how I can safely get the adhesive off so I can take this patch off. I have some googone but I really don't know if that would be safe for her skin. Any ideas you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated!!

Lou

Edited by dobiegrey

Use a little bit of vegetable oil. :)

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Energy11

You can buy adhesive remover in most pharmacies. That is what I use, but as Ducky mentioned, Veggie Oil helps, too. Good Luck! Boy, what a lot to go through in on week, huh? Sending lots of hugs!

Guest dobiegrey

OOOO...I'll use the veggie oil and if that doesn't work I will definitely go to the pharmacy!! Thanks for the hugs!!! Boy I need them, I have been worried sick (literally) about my baby girl and it is so hard to believe that this happened all from a laceration!!! The up side is while they had her out to do her repair I had her teeth cleaned and they are BEEEEAAUUTIFULLLLL!!!! When I can finally get my camera to up load pictures again I will take a picture of them to post!

L

Guest dobiegrey

Yayyyyyyy!!!!! The veggie oil got it off!! It took a few hours of putting on the oil, letting it sit than peeling a little more off, until I was able to soak about a 1" square in the oil and it just feel off after about 10 minutes!! Worked great with very little discomfort for my girl, thanks you guys, I am putting this idea away for future reference!!

Lou

Guest Energy11

Yayyyyyyy!!!!! The veggie oil got it off!! It took a few hours of putting on the oil, letting it sit than peeling a little more off, until I was able to soak about a 1" square in the oil and it just feel off after about 10 minutes!! Worked great with very little discomfort for my girl, thanks you guys, I am putting this idea away for future reference!!

Lou

Now, we'll just call Betty "Little Miss Oily!" :-)) Glad it helped. I always keep the adhesive remover, but like Ducky said, the oil works, obviously! :-))

Now we can call Betty the "Crisco Kid". :P

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png