Introducing.....bella!

Guest AGirlNamedMe

Guest AGirlNamedMe

Here is our sweet sweet Bella. You can see her pictures and read more on my blog (the top two posts). AGirlNamedMe

I posted in another topic about some problems with walking (Bella is quite statuesque at times).

Other things about her . . .

Poor doggy. She has body image issues and thinks she's HUGE. (She weighs 60 pounds.) Even when in our (large galley) kitchen, she will sometimes back out when there is clearly (to us) no need to.

She loves cheese, and squeaky toys, and having her ears rubbed.

She has not had even one little accident in the house. She tried that counter surfing thing she's heard so much about, but just the once since she got caught right away (pooooor doggy!).

After walks, she always shakes herself. Even with lots of room - takes two tiny steps back, looks around, and then shakes like mad! Wheeee! Shake it, puppy!

She got tricked into going upstairs - just the once, though. Seems it's a bit more tricky to get down! Oops.

The rescue place told us she hated being crated. We didn't even bother with getting one. Turns out, she also hates being baby gated into a single room. The good news? She is perfect when left to roam the house. At night, we go up to bed and she curls up down here to sleep. ALL BY HERSELF! Good girrrrrrrrl, good girl!

She looooooves meeting new people. New doggies? Well, those might take some getting used to. We hear she should never be introduced to a kitty and that's fine by us.

So...go see her pictures...and then tell me how perfect you think she is, too. Because, really, she is quite amazing.

Bella is beautiful! :heart

Hi from Gainesville, FL and welcome to GT! :wubsite

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest dramaqueen

Hi

Bella is BEAUTIFUL sooooo intelligent looking. Welcome and may you enjoy many years with Bella. Yes that does look like an NGAP photo I'm from NJ (northern) again WELCOME!!

Guest AGirlNamedMe

Yes! She's Jam from NGAP. I'm so happily surprised that anyone recognized her! Her photo from there is so...um...distinctive, though, I probably should not be surprised. I will tell her she is famous!

We are so fortunate - we found her racing name and then (!!) we found her sister. It's too bad they are so far away in Florida.

We are in Orange County, NY. We visited NGAP after reading so many good things about them. The experience with them was very good. And Bella really is the perfect doggy for us.

Thank you for all of the welcomes!

xo

Welcome to GT! Bella is very pretty!

Where in Orange County are you?? My family lives in Monroe and I visit there with my girl Beth at the holidays and for several weeks in the summer.

You might also want to know about Hiking Greyhounds which meets weekly on Sunday mornings in Wawayanda State Park, just beyond Goshen: http://home.earthlink.net/~hiking-greyhounds/index.html Very nice people and greys! Sounds like it might be a good experience for her.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest AGirlNamedMe

Thank you again for all of the comments.

We're in Montgomery. I love Monroe.

Thank you for the link to Hiking Greyhounds - we were wondering if there are any groups meeting in the area. I'll check them out.

Bella is doing great. She's getting used to walking and coming back from distractions. It's exciting to see her do so well. And relieving.

Left her alone in the house for a few hours today. Good girl!

I'm telling you, people, I'm in love. :inlove

Guest Frankendog

I just checked out your picture of her and I knew I had seen a photo like that before...then I remembered I had been on a website recently with lots of dogs for sdoption...I was enjoying the photos a lot because the photography was so well done (some adoption sites have horrid photos...). Love the emerald green back drops. Anyway, again, she is really beautiful! I love black greyhounds!! Wish I could find one around here to photograph.

Guest so_greytful

Welcome to GT. I love to read of the joy that Bella is bringing you as there's no doubt you're giving the same to her! Wishing you all the best!