Looking For A Sling

Meandmy

I'm hoping you all can help me. I'm trying to track down a great sling I've seen pictures of here in the past, but in a search of both this forum and the merchandise forum, I can't find it now that I need it.

It was a very fleecy sling with a handle on the back to help your grey get up and down. I believe it may be made specifically for greys. I think it covered most of the tummy, rather than just having straps underneath. Shadow is having another spell of extra weakness in his back right now, and these spells keep coming more often. He doesn't like to be touched on his back end to try to help, so I thought a harness would work well.

Of course, feel free to suggest another sling if it works! My concern with the other slings I've seen is that they are made of webbed nylon and Shadow has *such* thin skin and almost no hair on his tummy.

Shadow gets both acupuncture and chiro (he just had both on Wednesday) and I'm calling the Dr. tomorrow to see if we can try the Depo-Medrol shot as he does show LS.

Thanks for your help! :)

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Guest IrskasMom

I am of no help to you, even thou I have read about it long time ago.Sending some gentle Hugs and Prayers for you and Shadow :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Edited by IrskasMom

That sounds like the one I got Cody from Dr. Foster & Smith... completely covers the tummy/tuck-up area, comes up over the back & snaps in 2 places, with convenient handles!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Thanks for the suggestions. In looking at them, I think they might work, but now I'm thinking that what I had in mind may have been a harness - I think it was something they could wear all the time. Ugh! I wish I had saved it when I saw it before. It's been a while and now I'm not remembering clearly :rolleyes:

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Thanks so much everyone. I think I found what I had in mind at North Coast Greyhounds. I think it's all he needs for now, but as he gets weaker and this becomes more regular, I'll definitely be looking at the slings and harnesses you posted. Thanks again!

This is a good product: Pet Lift. The woman who sells them lives down the road from me and is great to work with. There are a couple of different styles. I liked the "Front and Back Lift" the best.

Edited by MandysMom

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.