Santa The Greyhound

Guest RICHandJUDE

Guest RICHandJUDE

We just adopted a new 6 year old male greyt who is from Guam. We originally had a greyt who lived to be 15. After she had to be put down in 2005, we decided to wait to get another one. We waited exactly 2 months before we adopted 2, 3 year old greyts from the same litter. We had to put the male down this past June. He had osteosarcoma of the shoulder. Again we decided to wait to get a second one. We waited until December of this year. We went to our annual Christmas Brunch put on by our rescue group (near Cleveland). They had a fawn color male at the brunch to show. As soon as my wife saw the fawn, she said, "He is coming home with us". AND HE DID. We are in process of adopting him. His racing name was SANTA. (I AM NOT KIDDING) So we brought Santa home with us from the Christmas Brunch. He is great and he gets along with our other greyt and our 3 year old Beagle. The Beagle was tortured before we adopted her by kids. Her front leg bottoms don't work but she can run fast on her knuckles. I would send pictures but I don't know how to.

Oh, I'd love to see pictures of Santa!! What a great time for Santa to be joining your family!

It's easy to post pictures. Just upload them into photobucket.com (it's free) and then copy and paste the IMG Code (that's the 4th box under your pictures in photobucket)...paste the IMG code into the text of your post in greytalk, and voila! Pictures! Give it a try!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I remember Santa!He was at the kennel when I adopted Treasure. I met him; he's a real sweetheart. Congratulations!

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest Art_n_Popper

Congrats!!!! Santa is a very handsome boy. Best Santa story... he was chewing up a blanket and came out of his crate, he had white fluffy stuff hanging from his chin, oh if I only had a camera at that moment! He's so sweet and funny. He was my dog for a day at the westside petsmart adoption day and didn't eat any cats so that was good. I'm glad he found a good home! Also his favorite runmate he liked to run around with at the kennel was Honey (now named Pipin and she's from Guam as well). Once Honey was adopted he use to run with Dee who I adopted a month ago.

IMG_0888s.JPG

Edited by Art_n_Popper