Corn Question.....again.

Guest DunksMom

Guest DunksMom

Hi all, Dunkin' has been suffering from what I thought was a corn but recently I've been having doubts. I hull it at home and when I get it out the base of it is gummy and clear. Has anyone else seen something like this? Is it a corn?

Guest Energy11

When I hull Staggerlee's corns, they are like little pebbles, and nothing under them.

Maybe Dunkin's are corns, but infected?? Hard to say. After you hull them, I'd wash the area good, and maybe put some antibacterial oinment on them, and a toddler sock. When in doubt, see the vet :-)

Good Luck!

Guest DunksMom
What do you hull them with? I have one that I have done a couple of times - but can't seem to get the right tool - and ideas?

I have been using very pointy splinter tweezers. Sounds scary but I work around the edge of the corn until it's loose and then use the tweezers to pry it out. I soak his foot before I start so that it's easier to work out. I have to pull a little and then clip the gummy part to get it below the surface. Weird, right?

Guest Energy11

Actually, just my fingernails work on Staggerlee's corns. Sometimes, tweezers to start them. He is pretty good about getting them done, but they have to be "ready" for lack of a better word./

Actually, just my fingernails work on Staggerlee's corns. Sometimes, tweezers to start them. He is pretty good about getting them done, but they have to be "ready" for lack of a better word./

Same here for Joshy's.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest DunksMom

This is what's making me think it's not a corn. Dunkin's corn would never come out with just my fingernail. I have to clip the weird gummy, clear part that's connecting it to the hole. Any other thoughts on what it could be?

Wabi's has been deep like that, and also more shallow. The last time I hulled it, it had a deep root, and actually bled a bit. That one never came back! So, maybe you're really getting to the root of it.

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest DunksMom

Thanks all! We have a vet appointment next week and the corn has been looking less threatening since I last hulled it and have been religiously (obssesively)putting Kerasolve and Bag Balm on it. Maybe we can get a status on how deep/bad it really is.

I hate corns!