How Much Tylan Powder?

RobinM

For Beau- the dosage was 1/4 tsp of tylan powder which I only used for a week but kept refrigerated. Beau was between 52 and 60 pounds when we tried it.

I am going to give it to Ollie- his weight now is 75 pounds. Is it the same dosage? I put it in capusles last evening and they are 1/4 tsp each.

Thanks.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I give Spencer two 1/4 tsp capsules twice a day. He now weighs 80 lbs but was about 74 lbs when he started the Tylan back in August. Hope that helps.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

1tbsp powder mixed with 9 tbsp cornstarch

then i give lexie 1/2 tsp of that mixture twice a day. She is 58 pounds

I wasn't told it should be refrigerated. Should i be doing that? Lexie has been on the powder over a year.

Edited by rschultz

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

1tbsp powder mixed with 9 tbsp cornstarch

then i give lexie 1/2 tsp of that mixture twice a day. She is 58 pounds

I wasn't told it should be refrigerated. Should i be doing that? Lexie has been on the powder over a year.

The bottle it came in- which is the orginal pharmaceudical bottle says it should.

Why do you mix it?

I give Spencer two 1/4 tsp capsules twice a day. He now weighs 80 lbs but was about 74 lbs when he started the Tylan back in August. Hope that helps.

2x a day? On the bottle I have for Beau it says 1x a day. I guess I should find out. I gave Ollie 1/4 tsp this morning.

Like I mentioned, I made about 40 caps to get me started!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

i mix it with the cornstarch cause that is what the vet told me to do. It is bitter tasting so when i mix it in yogurt she eats it. The vet said u can't just sprinkle it on their food they wont eat it. Maybe i don't need to refridgerate cause it is mixed with the cornstarch? Where do you get the capsule forms? Is my vet telling me the wrong way? I am glad for greytalk.

We've been using it for about a year (haven't been refrigerating it, either! have to look at the jar!) at 1/4 t twice a day with meals. I had been sprinkling it on, which worked until recently. I've had to start putting it in capsules, too. Happy has weighed between 48 lbs :( and 63 at that dosage.

Where did you get your capsule set-up? I got mine at an herbal store. Very simple and nifty. I can do 50 at a time with it. Unfortunately, I got the wrong size, so the caps are a little too small. :P

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest K9_Lady

I get mine from the Vet and I don't have to refrigerate it. Amy's tummy issue is pretty much under control and she is 63lbs and gets 1/8th of a tsp every other day. I mix it in some mashed sweet potato or with her other supplements in a small jar of sweet potato baby food.

Sorry, I misspoke on the dosage. He gets two 1/8+ tsp twice a day. I get the capsules at a health food store, size 00; one holds cap holds slightly more than 1/8 tsp. So he gets slightly more than 1/4 tsp at each administration, with a meal.

My first bottle was a full one from the manufacturer, and I don't recall it saying anything about refrigeration. Subsequent bottles have been rx bottles labeled by the vet, and nothing there about refrigeration either. We don't mix it with cornstarch. Never heard of doing that but Spencer doesn't handle corn or carbs in general.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest sofithegrey

I was using Tylan powder every day because of my grey's digestive problems. Discovered NaturVet Enzymes & Probiotics! Not one dose of tylan powder needed anymore....plus healthier for the dog.

wow . all this time i have been using it with cornstarch. ( a year). I think I will try without. I like the sweet potao baby food idea. I looked on the label of my container. It is like a small tub. It doesn't say anywhere to refrigerate. Maybe there are two different kinds? For the person who asked what tylan powder is for. Lexie has been using it because they couldn't figure out why she had runny poos all the time. Did all the tests, tried different foods..ect.. vet thinks she has a little colitis and said if he did the tests for colitis the outcome would be the same. He would put her on the powder. It is like an antibiotic for the intestines. When u buy it, it says it is used for swine and chickens..lol.. All I know is it works for Lexie. She has been "normal" for over a year.