Soul Needs 'pants' And Why I Love My Vet

Guest SoulsMom

How about the boxer briefs cause they have tighter legs, and then a belly band on top to keep them on?

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest SoulsMom
How about the boxer briefs cause they have tighter legs, and then a belly band on top to keep them on?

I think this will do the trick. I got him some boys boxer briefs at Target and cut out a hole for his tail. The fit is snug, but he hates them :( He walks around all carefully and is afraid to lay down. He even freaked himself out and lost his footing on the hardwood floors. I'm going to be a mean mommy and make him wear them all day today so he'll get used to them.

Still need a belly band to cover the rest of the area. Thanks for the offer of one of your pink ones Deb! :lol: Cara Lee said she has one as well and would put it in the mail today.

Amber, who is your vet and where are they located? I am searching for a new one. Hugs to Soul Man! :)

Dr Schettino at VCA Westboro. He's only there Thu-Sat. Sometimes he has Wed hours, but he's usually doing surgeries in the mornings. It's about a 45 minute drive for me from Worcester, but he's worth it. I also have a crush on him so no flirting :shakefinger:blush

Guest greytbookert

I wish I had a brilliant idea for daSoul man but I have no new ideas to offer. I just hope you can get this under control, the poor boy and poor you!

Guest SoulsMom

:lol Can't I have a 'normal' dog?

I'm not so sure the boxer briefs are going to work . . . he is too freaked out. But one of his angels has offered to make him some 'bloomers' :wub: I think those might work better since they will be looser . . .

Guest SoulsMom

Yeah, I don't think the boxer briefs are going to work out so well. He just paces and paces when I put them on. Either that or sticks to me like glue. Not the best pics but he wouldn't sit still:

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

Guest greyt2love

Still need a belly band to cover the rest of the area. Thanks for the offer of one of your pink ones Deb! :lol: Cara Lee said she has one as well and would put it in the mail today.

I'd have offered smoething other than the pink to help the Soulman, but it is the only one left Rex hasn't used yet ! Glad C-L can help you out.]

I was going to suggest just regular boxers (like silky ones) but I think the legs would be too "flowy" and he'd be able to get at his thighs.

What about some size small men's flannel PJ pants? Put them on backwards so his tail can come out the crotch hole (instead of cutting a hole) , then just gather up the waistband at his spine and safety pin it so it'll stay.

Ace wore some men's silky boxer shorts once when she scraped the side of her upper thigh :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Poor baby :grouphug.

You could also try a probiotic spray. I know this sounds weird: this product was made for cleaning surfaces, but I've had testimonials from customers who have used it on everything from athlete's foot to eczema to cuts and scrapes. It can also be used as a hand sanitizer and deodorizer for pet bedding, pet accidents, etc. It might be worth a shot.

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Guest SoulsMom
Belly band was shipped express this afternoon...

Thank you!! :kiss2

No suggestions but wishing da Soul Man well. I appreciate his posts on the WFUBCC. BTW, my Storm is quite taken with him.

Aww Storm! We need to see more of you in there :wub:

Guest Greensleeves

How long did you leave them on? We've had to have our guys wear things long-term several times (with no option to remove just because they're being drama queens), and you really just have to wait them out--they WILL get used to them (unless they're *extreme* spooks, which I don't think Soul sounds like). Seriously--they play us. They know throwing a fit will get our attention and sympathy and we'll stop being so cruel when we see how pathetic they are. ;) Just be strong.

He looked so adorable in those boxers, though!

Hugs to you and Soul. (I've been quietly keeping track of y'all until now.)

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).