From The Outter Edges Of Atlanta

Guest queenme2

Guest queenme2

My name is Reda currently I live in Norcross, Georgia which is a few minutes outside Atlanta I grew up in the Maryland / D.C suburbs. I have been been married to my DH for almost ten years and we have lived all up and down the East Coast. We have a 8 year old son who I began to home school 2 years ago (long story).

I've grown up with both dogs and cats all my life and have dragged my DH husband down with me into my pet hoarding ways. And 6 weeks ago I was taking a bread test that matches you with a dog breed that matches your needs and a whippet came up. But I didn't know if I wanted to deal with the puppy stage right now. And a friend said why not try a Greyhound, which lead me to Petfinder.com and to a Greyhound Rescue Group.

After spending an hour with Nina in her foster home we knew we had to bring her home with our two cats. Nina has been a great walking partner and companion, and has turned my husband into a dog sucker. My husband swore he wouldn't allow a dog sleep in our bedroom and thats of coarse where she sleeps every night. We are looking for other Greyhound lovers and activities so we don't have to leave dear Nina out.

You're in Norcross!!! My first 6 years in ATL, I was in Norcross (jimmy carter/holcomb bridge area), then I moved to Holly Springs, which makes living near ATL bearable to me. :lol

Welcome to GT!

There's a grey-savvy vet on Holcomb Bridge just south of Spalding. Or, if you don't mind the drive, you can have Nina seen at the Animal Hospital of East Cobb. Dr Leslie Brown is an AWESOME vet, and extremely grey-savvy. Her office staff is friendly (mostly - depends on if they're having a good day), they remember my name, and my animals' names, and you go back with your dog unless they're doing x-rays or surgeries. It was a 20mile drive for me, v. the one that I mentioned first, who was only 1.5 miles up the road. Totally worth the drive.

Did you adopt from SEGA, or from Karl Viner? Or did you find Nina some other way?

How long have y'all been in Norcross?

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Guest queenme2
You're in Norcross!!! My first 6 years in ATL, I was in Norcross (jimmy carter/holcomb bridge area), then I moved to Holly Springs, which makes living near ATL bearable to me. :lol

Welcome to GT!

There's a grey-savvy vet on Holcomb Bridge just south of Spalding. Or, if you don't mind the drive, you can have Nina seen at the Animal Hospital of East Cobb. Dr Leslie Brown is an AWESOME vet, and extremely grey-savvy. Her office staff is friendly (mostly - depends on if they're having a good day), they remember my name, and my animals' names, and you go back with your dog unless they're doing x-rays or surgeries. It was a 20mile drive for me, v. the one that I mentioned first, who was only 1.5 miles up the road. Totally worth the drive.

Did you adopt from SEGA, or from Karl Viner? Or did you find Nina some other way?

How long have y'all been in Norcross?

I've been living in Norcross for 5 years now off of Lilburn Rd. We are looking at buying in Roswell or East Cobb currently. My father in law lives across the street from Piedmont park so we take her by there on weekends.

Nina was only at Karls for 7 days and then went to be fostered at Blissdogs with a nice women named Jessie. I've spoken to Karl about three times but have yet to meet him in person. He seems pretty nice. Nina isn't due for her shot intl Jan. But I've noticed this scab on her back between her shoulders I've been watching. The scab falling off has made her bald in that spot and she whitish color to her skin in that area. I don't know what to make of it.

Guest queenme2
OMG !!! YES IT IS !!!

Where did that pix come from? How cute

Well, Nina was one of our racers... I'm her trainer :)

How nice ! Well I'm no trainer that's for sure. At the most Nina gets an hour walk each day but usually its 45 minutes everyday. And she has learned the luxury of having her own doggie bed and that there is no such thing as a bad time to lick an ice cream spoon. :D

Guest wmlcml6

Awwwww. I was so sad with "Naughty Nina" finished racing because I knew I would miss the little bugger. She is a lot of fun and I hope you continue to enjoy her for many many years.

p.s. My husband and I own the racing kennel that Nina came from. Anytime you want to post pictures, we would enjoy seeing them.

You may not have realized it when you adopted Nina, Reda, but, you've become a part of the FTH/B&J Family :)

Welcome to the family, Reda!! I also have a B&J dog. :)B&J dogs ROCK!!

Glad to see that Nina now has a couch.

Congratulations to you and Nina!! :yay