Urine-chunky?

Guest Bean_Scotch

Guest Bean_Scotch

The decription doesn't sound great, but I found 2 accidents on the floor last night and it was definitly urine NOT vomit. IT looked like bile that had sat too long, but it pieces. I'm obviously having a hard time describing it. All 3 of the dogs were loose last night so I'm still in the process of finding out WHICH one it is and have a vet appt for tomorrow(assuming I'll know by then, but I think I will), but just thought I'd ask to see if GTers had any insight!

Sure it's not bile vomit? When pups have an empty tummy and throw up, that is what you'll get -- a disgusting yellow puddle that may or may not have some chunks in it.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Bean_Scotch

I'm pretty sure. The pile on the cement floor was definitly urine like I described above, the pile on the carpet could be negotiable, but I'm pretty sure it was pee(at least it smelled like it)!

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Sounds like you need to isolate the dogs into separate areas so you can determine who the culprit is. Do you have crates? This is one of those times when a crate comes in really handy.

Guest my3greys
I have the suspect in a crate right now so we'll see when I go home during lunch....

I guess it couldn't be stones or else there would have been pain associated with it? Not sure,,

Guest Energy11
I have the suspect in a crate right now so we'll see when I go home during lunch....

I guess it couldn't be stones or else there would have been pain associated with it? Not sure,,

I was also thinking large crystals or stones. Poor baby!

Guest sheila

I don't see how it could be urine. Urine could not pass with noticeable chunks like that w/o a lot of pain. It has to be vomit even if it smells like urine. I found this on a Yahoo Answer page:

~

yes when their vomit smells like urine it coud be because the kidneys are not working and it is coming out through the stomach. if he has been really thirsty latey he might of gotten into anti freeze or licking up rodent urine and it is possibe he might had picked up a bad dieasese. somtimes if he chewed up grass or weeds this can also happen. if he is having any of these signs take him in for a good checkup.

~

Sounds like a vet visit might be in order.

Guest Bean_Scotch

Yes, news. Sorry all. AFter working 60hrs this week and between vet visits, haven't had much time to give a detailed up-date. lol. Took in a urine sample and all was well. so I'm :unsure I've been following them around and have seen 'normal' output from all 3. I'm not quite sure what it was. No vomit or anything the last few nights so I'm guessing maybe they got into something they should have or ??? but everything seems fine now... kinda :blink: we're still keeping an eye out since they are older(9yrs in November).