Fritz Has An Owie, Ace Has Icky Tummy, And Sutra Is Slow

Last weekend Ace had some upset tummy trouble accompanied by some big d and she didn't want to eat. She seemed better but now seems like she's feeling icky again - didn't want to eat breakfast this morning and I can hear her tummy gurgling all times of the day. I need to make her some burger and rice to eat for a few days.

Last night I come home to little bloody footprints all over the living room (I have tile so no biggy as far as cleanup). I discover Fritz has somehow injured one of his rear feet. It looks to me like one of his outer toes slid underneath something that wasn't quite tall enough for his toe to fit under, thus pulling some skin away from the top of his toe - it's not degloved but the entire "assembly" of skin tissue and hair has been cut and he had some small lacerations between that toe and the next toe in. I got him cleaned up and he's bandaged but I'll look at it tomorrow and if it looks iffy he's going to the vet. I have no idea what happened but after talking to Mark I suspect he did it outside. He said he noticed some little blood spots on the floor but couldn't identify where they came from so he assumed they came from Pinky (she broke a toenail last week) and they were spots I'd missed when I cleaned up.

My old man Sutra has been picky with his food lately and is moving slowly. A couple of weeks ago his CPL was postive again (at test that checks for pancreatitis) so he's been on Clavamox. I'm worried it's not helping and he's getting sick again, so he'll be seeing the vet on Monday. He seems lethargic again and not really interested in anything. He will still bark and wag for his cookies, but he moves SO slowly, whereas before, he would try to run with Ace in the yard and was playful. I wonder if the cooler weather is making him stiff, but he was fine in February in the freezing temps :dunno

If you can spare some good thoughts for my sickly kids, I'd appreciate it :)

Edited by krissn333

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Oh gosh, 3 at once. Lots of good thoughts that they are all on the mend quickly.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Ace is such a puzzle becasue she acts like she feels fine sometimes - like when I come home or when she wants to go outside. But then at bedtime she acts like she's SO tired and feels icky. :(

I can't tell if Sutra is having some kind of body issue (joints, arthritis, an injury?) or if his innards aren't doing well again. I need to see if he's running a temperature... :unsure

Add to this I'm having surgery on Friday! Should be just fine though. Can't think of anything better than resting all weekend with the pups, especially when it's going to be in the mid to low 40s for a high all weekend!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

Update for today -

Ace seems to be feeling better. She ate her breakfast and took her meds like a good girl :)

I looked at Fritz's foot today and it looks like it's healing alright, so I'm glad my decision not to go to the vet the other night with him wasn't a bad one.

Sutra does NOT have a temp, so that's good! He's still acting a little slow, but he ate his breakfast and took his meds. Wonder if he's just in need of a chiro visit :dunno

So, overall, I'd say we're doing alright today :)

Aw, hugs and scritchies to your kids. Hope everybody is back to 100% asap.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.