Arthro-ionx Joint Support

I started Daisy and Dylan on Arthro-ionx a couple of weeks ago for their stiffness when they get up. I can see a difference already! :colgate It's a different form of Glucosamine. It's a homeopathic formula with calcium, vitamin D, magnesium, glucosamine, 74 organic minerals and trace elements. It's a liquid, so it's really easy to give. I've tried different arthritis formulas and all it did was give them diarreha. This hasn't upset their tummies or their stools...You can check it out at wwwvetionx.com.

Edited by Newgreymom

OK, first, please know that this is not being said out of disrespect for you or your experience with this supplement, but I have some major concerns with the manufacturer of this product, as well as the other products it sells:

First and foremost, they claim that:

All VETiONX™ products are manufactured in state-of-the-art facilities under the strict guidelines of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).

And go on to print this required disclaimer:

FDA Required Legal Disclaimer - These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

A bit contradictory, to say the least. The manufacturing of products like this is not regulated by the FDA but IMHO the first statement attempts to give the impression that it is.

Cutting-Edge Vibrational Frequency Technology

I have no clue what this is supposed to mean. And the company doesn't make any attempt to explain it, nor do they present any scientific evidence to even support its legitimacy.

Because it is delivered in liquid form, Arthro-IonX™ bypasses your dog's digestive system and goes straight into his blood stream

Unless this product is being given sublingually and absorbed through the mucous membranes of the oral cavity (which it is not - it's intended to be swallowed), it certainly does pass through the esophagus into the stomach and small bowel. All 3 of those qualify as a dog's "digestive system". This is a ludicrous and highly incorrect statement.

I also noticed that all of the products I pulled up recommend the exact same dosing across the board for every supplement.

Finally, I don't see a detailed list of ingredients for any of the products being sold (at $37/bottle). However, I do notice that the description of each and every supplement states:

Arthro-IonX™ uses a proprietary blend of 74 oligotherapy ingredients to help increase your dog's vitality immediately. Oligotherapy uses traces minerals to support enzymatic function, and can speed up your dog's metabolism on the cellular level.

I'm sorry, but "Vetionx" raises some red flags from a scientific point of view. Please, no offense intended at all, this is JMHO.

Edited by houndznigz

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Houndznigz, I appreciate the concerns you presented. I don't know about all of those "technicalities". I'm just going on what I've seen with my dogs. They appear to be responding to the supplement, and that's all I care about.

That's really all that's important, and I hope I didn't come across as being insulting. I have great regard for homeopathy and for alternative medicine. It's great that you've found something that works well for your pups without unpleasant side effects. I, too, have had a problem with joint supplements causing diarrhea in at least one of my dogs so I know it can be frustrating to find a supplement they can tolerate.

I just wish they'd eliminate the hyperbole and misinformation, which I found takes away from the product's credibility.

I hope your dogs continue to do well for a long time. :)

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg