Stomach Ache?

Guest TeddysMom

Guest TeddysMom

Teddy has been here a month, since being wormed and adjusting to new food, he has not had any problems. Last night on out final walk, he had the runs and lots of gas. He slept good, no problems but this morning he has been restless and stretching with his front down and backend up like he is uncomfortable. He ate most of his breakfast, is drinking water and does not seem to be dehydrated. I did give him Imodium before we went to bed and one this morning. Could this just be gas pains and is there something else I can do for him before going to the vet?

Guest TeddysMom
You can give him some Gax-X, but if he really seems to be in distress, ... panting, stretching, etc., he needs to see the vet. Good Luck. Poor baby!

He isn't panting and just ran out to the yard with the other dogs. I will try the gas-X and see if that helps. He just doesn't seem like his normal self. I have to pick up a couple of foster dogs from the vet late afternoon, if he does not seem better I will take him with me. Thanks.

Guest Energy11

I'd also give a Pepid AC about 35-40 minutes before feeding him. That, too, will help his stomach.

Our Cari got sooo upset when she went to the vet for her exam, she came home totally scared, and her belly looked bloated. I was worried. I gave her both Pepcid AC and Gas-X, and it really helped. She took a good healthy poopy, and that was that.

You know YOUR dog, so any red flags ... yes, do the vet. Good Luck!

Guest TeddysMom

The Gas-X and the acid reducer seems to have helped. Teddy ate, I didn't give him much, we went for our walk and his stool is firmer without all the gas. I am watching him closely and pray that he continues to get better. I don't think he is 100% yet but better. We are 60 miles from the nearest ER-vet although our little rescue group has one of the vet's phone #'s and if something happened we could call her. It amazes me how much different I have to think about Teddy than my other dogs as far as things I can give him or not give him. Thanks for the advice.