Need Some Good Thoughts For My Foster

NeylasMom

Hoping she's back home with you & recovering!! Which dog is it?

She's not on the site/available for adoption yet because she just came back and is on medical hold, but her name is Kathmandu. She was placed in 2006 originally.

She's home now. The vet said she's had lots and lots of drugs, but she still seems uncomfortable. :( I imagine she'll feel much better in the morning and we can start her normal meds then. In any event, he thinks she's going to heal up well - we go back for the usual bandage check on Friday.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

How much tail did they leave her with? :(

Not much. Hard to tell how much extra bandage is at the end, but maybe 6 inches?

I gave her a little bit of food and she's sleeping soundly now. Guess she was just hungry - MUCH better than in pain!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest RocketDog

I've got a foster with a little bitty stub-tail - took her a while to figure out how to 'wag' that stump, but it doesn't slow her down one bit!

Fingers crossed for a quick recovery and a speedy adoption!

Guest greygirls2

Poor girl....I hope she's resting comfortably and has a fast recovery. We had the same thing happen to two of the fosters that were in the college program out here....those long tails sometimes just don't make it out the door fast enough. Hugs for your pup.