Urgent Help Please

Just reading this now........Glad he's okay now though. GT'ers have an amazing wealth of information and are jolly nice people too :D

Maybe his potassium is low. Maybe a strain or sprain causing spasms, etc.

This was my first initial thought too.

potassium-should I give him some banana?? I could get some baby food banana....

The only way to tell if it IS low potassium, is blood work. Low potassium causes muscle cramps in humans, big time. If he will eat the banana, might not hurt! :-))

Mine eats banana couldn't believe it when she begged for a piece.......eats strawberry too!!!! Mad hound :lol

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Morning all!

Totally uneventfull night. Back to his same goofy self this morning. We're going to add banana baby food for a couple of days, for the heck of it and then see if he'll actually eat bananas. Also trying to think ahead to Dewey and whats best to keep him comfortable then. If I can get him to eat actual naners then I'll just add to his breakfast.....

Also called the vet. They noted it in his chart but werent overly concerned. If it happens again yes.

Thanks again for all your help!!! Big hugs!!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Guest Energy11

Good News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe the nanners did the trick! :-)) DH has to eat one everyday, as well. HE gets "Charlie Horses," in his calves.

Hope all continues go to well!

If the bananas help, another way to get potassium into him is blackstrap molasses. Regular molasses has a fair bit of potassium, blackstrap has more. Haven't met a dog who won't eat them :) .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest 3greysinPA

Just wanted to say hello and check in on NOrm?...

no more incidents since the other night?

thats good.. many prayers that it never happens again. :hope:hope:hope