Anipryl

Guest greytbookert

Guest greytbookert

The vet mentioned that we might want to consider putting Sahra on Anipryl and suggested that we (vet, DH, and myself) think about this as an option for Sahra. She's healthy on paper with her blood values are all within normal, does not appear to be in pain anywhere. I know that as the senior's age, there will be issues, we've been through this before but something is off.

She is 14+ and has been having episodes where she gets "lost" in the yard, in the house, on the deck. The episodes are becoming more frequent 3 or 5 times in the past week or so. I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but she's been launching herself down the stairs. We now guide her down with a harness and she hasn't done that recently.. thank goodness!

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used Anipryl and how did it work, not work, or any side effects.

Guest Energy11

Yes, I have used it, and with good results! :-) Dasher, 13. He was diagnosed with Doggie Alzheimers. It really seemed to help him. I would recommend it! Good Luck!

Guest redandleilasmom

Our Leila has been on Anipryl for a couple years now, though for Cushings Disease. She is doing wonderfully on it, with no side effects whatsoever.

Guest KennelMom

We contemplated it, but never tried it with Erin and Grandpa. Our vet was more than willing to write the RX for us, though he said he's never seen dogs really benefit from it. I would consider it in the future, for sure.

Keep us posted, esp if you decide to give the med. I'll be interested to see if it helps.

Guest greytbookert

What is really strange is that Sahra's episodes have pretty much gone away. She's completely alert, hasn't "gotten lost" in the past few days. However, I'm going to keep it in mind, so if she does start acting up again, we'll get the rx. Thanks everyone!

Guest Energy11

Honestly, with Dasher, I DID SEE a marked improvement in this medication. We adopted him at 13, because his owner was going to "put him down," because he would not stay off her new furniture!!!!!!!!! I MEAN, he was 13, for God sake! He was only with us eight months, but, I think, they were eight HAPPY months! :-))