Zola Got A Little Too Feisty

Last night, Zola somehow musthave turfed it in the backyard and banged herself up pretty bad. She was agitated and walking around all ngiht, moving from bed to bed (normally she zonks out with mouth open and tongue hanging out). I checked on her a few times but couldn't figure out what the problem was. Well, in the light of day, I found that she had torn her skin off in a big patch (1.25" by 2"), and has some scratches and bruises on her belly. I am not too concerned as she doesn't seem to have any internal pain (doesn't squawk when I palpate her organs) and jsut seems down and ginger with her leg. There's nothing to suture; I think I just have to care for the open wound.

I've cleaned it with antiseptic, neosporin-ed it, and covered with gauze and vetwrap. Also gave her some uncoated aspirin. Anuthing else I should be worrying about? And yes, I tried to lift her spirits by hand-feeding her some Colby Jack. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Missing Zola, my hero and my heart; and Brin, my baby dog, my wisp of love.

Guest Energy11

Sounds like you are doing all the good things. INFECTION is one thing you might need to worry about. Staggerlee did something like that a few years back, and I put him on Keflex, 500mg, twice a day for a week. Just be sure the tear doesn't get all oozy and pussy. Good Luck!