Cosmo - Keepin' On Keepin' On.

Guest Energy11
Additional xrays have told us that basically we're in the palliative care phase now...It's tough sometimes not to let the sadness of her being sick overshadow the good times but we truly are so thankful that our little sweet pea is still with us and genuinely do feel that every single day is a gift.

Tracey I'm so glad that Cosmo is enjoying this time and making the most of it.

I don't know that I can put this into words very well, but I'll try. I worked for a hospice many years ago. It is brutally hard to know that the end of the story is going to be a sad one. However, I came to recognize that there is a holiness that surrounds those who walk the path toward death with someone else, especially those who walk it with someone they love. There is joy and humor and tears and blessing and strength and grace for you along that path. There is a freedom in knowing that you've fought the good fight and that the ultimate end is now completely out of your control. Living fully in the time available is the task at hand now. While you would wish for a different ending with every fiber of your being, there is a sense of satisfaction and almost pride waiting for those who can walk that path to the end with the one they love.

--Lucy

Lucy, you said a mouthful there. Made me cry. How true! I lost a husband to cancer. Only had four weeks, and three days with him, after they finally diagnosed him, but at least he was home with Energy and I, thanks to Hospice. Yes, everyday, when you know the outcome, is precious. Bob will be gone seven years, Sept. 15th. Energy, five years ago, this past July. Everyday with Cosmo is a new day for sure!

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Additional xrays have told us that basically we're in the palliative care phase now...It's tough sometimes not to let the sadness of her being sick overshadow the good times but we truly are so thankful that our little sweet pea is still with us and genuinely do feel that every single day is a gift.

Tracey I'm so glad that Cosmo is enjoying this time and making the most of it.

I don't know that I can put this into words very well, but I'll try. I worked for a hospice many years ago. It is brutally hard to know that the end of the story is going to be a sad one. However, I came to recognize that there is a holiness that surrounds those who walk the path toward death with someone else, especially those who walk it with someone they love. There is joy and humor and tears and blessing and strength and grace for you along that path. There is a freedom in knowing that you've fought the good fight and that the ultimate end is now completely out of your control. Living fully in the time available is the task at hand now. While you would wish for a different ending with every fiber of your being, there is a sense of satisfaction and almost pride waiting for those who can walk that path to the end with the one they love.

--Lucy

Lucy, you said a mouthful there. Made me cry. How true! I lost a husband to cancer. Only had four weeks, and three days with him, after they finally diagnosed him, but at least he was home with Energy and I, thanks to Hospice. Yes, everyday, when you know the outcome, is precious. Bob will be gone seven years, Sept. 15th. Energy, five years ago, this past July. Everyday with Cosmo is a new day for sure!

I sobbed my heart out with sadness for the loss of your loved ones........and the sadness to come....

Nobody knows how long they have here on this earth.

Live for the moment, just like every day is the last and fill it full of positive experiences with joy and laughter.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Just posted some pictures here...

Cosmo

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.