Laci Having Foot Pad Surgery Today!

Guest onegreydog

Guest onegreydog

Laci is having surgery on her foot pad today. I don't know if it is a corn or something that is embedded in her pad. I have tried soaking it in Epsom salt water for the last two weeks. No change at all. Please keep her in your thought s & prayers today. I will post later today to let you all know what she had done.

Thanks,

Nancy

Hope the doc can find the problem and fix it for your girlie!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest onegreydog

Her appt. time got changed until tomorrow at 10 am. :angry: They said this appt. was just a re-check and anything he would do for her toe pad would be another appt. I would like to have her surgery this week. I have my granddaughter all next week.

So I will know more after her appt. in the morning, on what they can do for Laci. Poor girl. :(

Thanks for your thoughts & prayers. Please keep them coming for tomorrow too. :)

Guest onegreydog
Will do! good luck!

The Dr. wants me to soak her corn everyday for 5 minutes in Epsom Salt water, dry her foot and put one drop of liquid corn remover on it twice a day for 14 days.

He said to let it dry for 5 minutes and I don't need to cover it with anything. He feels like this should take care of it. He said he could sedate her and take it out, but he really would like to try it this way first.

I am glad that he isn't going to do surgery if it can be done this way instead.

I will let yoou all know if this works.

Thanks for your prayers. :)

Guest onegreydog

After one week I don't see much improvement. We will keep this up another week. I sure hopes this works for her. I don't want to see her have another surgery. :(

Guest onegreydog

After one week I don't see much improvement. We will keep this up another week. I sure hopes this works for her. I don't want to see her have another surgery. :(

Is it definitely a corn? Has anyone tried hulling it?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.