Toe Injury

Last night I noticed that Wendy was favoring her right hind leg. On closer inspection, I see that one of her middle toes is straight rather than hare-like. It looks slightly longer than the other toes.

This morning, she's not limping and doesn't seem bothered by her distended toe. We go to the vet anyway and there is no break nor dislocation on x-ray.

Huh. :unsure The surgeon will look at the x-rays on Monday and give me a call. Maybe the injury is in the ligaments or tendons. My greatest concern is that this will cause lameless later on.

Has anyone experienced this type of injury? Any input would be most appreciated.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

One of our races has a toe like that on one of his front feet. Doesn't bother him in the least.

Was he born that way or did this develop suddenly? In Wendy's case, this happened last night. I'm guessing she smashed into something.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

My Ducker dog has an injury like that. If you hold up his foot you wouldn't know it, just when he's walking on it and pressure is applied.

His happened while racing. I do believe it's ligament issue.

He was off from racing for I think a month and then went back racing with no issues at all. No surgery or anything was needed. He has never limped a day since recovery.

Hope it's the same for Wendy :goodluck

Hope it's the same for Wendy

AMEN to that! The vet did not seem at all concerned and said that if it is a ligament/tendon injury there's nothing to be done about it. Hopefully the ortho. surgeon will concur.

Thanks Doggfather.