I'm Finally A Member!

Guest brcgreys

Guest brcgreys

Hey everyone, this is Melony, from the Birmingham, Alabama greyhound adoption kennel. I been having to lurk on here for way too long! Finally, I don't have to lurk anymore!!!

Guest PhillyPups

:wave Hi Melony welcome from Philly. I have heard so much about you - all good I might add!! :)

I am blessed to have DonnieDude a B'ham retiree who keeps me laughing all the time. If you ever need a GUR going through my neck of the woods just give a shout :)

Guest brcgreys

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I'm off to my Friday night mingle with the bikers and to find someone in charge to poke at an idea they presented (tossed in my lap, actually) last week! Cross your fingers and wish me luck, if they are serious about what they proposed, it will be a huge help to the adoption efforts here!

Guest PhillyPups

Why am I envisioning a few bikes (about 50 Harleys) with sidecars with a big brindle boy in each sidecar with goggles on heading to their couches :lol

Of course Born To Be Wild is playing in the background.

Guest KennelMom

Hi Melony!!!! Just saw your post in Quilty's thread...In another month or so, she wants to come visit you and Monica and show off all her fat :D

We love Miss Q so much and I can't thank you enough for letting us bring our Queen Baby home! :bow2 You and Monica and the rest of the staff at the adoption kennel are her angels for helping her as long as you did!

I'm hearing about GREAT things going on down there in Birmingham...I'm so excited you've taken over things down there and are movin' some hounds! :yay :yay

Edited by KennelMom

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

:wave

Glad that your finally able to post. Great having you around and being able to post.

Keep us all in the know of all the GREYT things going on over in B'ham. I know you gals are kicking butt over there :rivethead

Welcome Melony! I don't have any Birmingham dogs but we've moved quite a few out of Birmingham to forever homes! Nice to see you here. If you ever have the need to move hounds up Memphis way, give us a shout, we're always willing to help.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Cris_M

Hi Melony!

Thank you for your work at the B'ham adoption center. We got our silly, shy, big boy (Duncan -- Headknocker) there. Of course he is a FishDoggie. They are the best. We also took friends there to adopt their grey. She's not a FishDoggie, but she is great also.

I am looking forward to seeing what you will be doing with the group.

BTW, the website is down. When will it get back up? You're probably working hard to update and improve the website, too. I just need a houndie viewing fix.

Thanks again for your hard work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EaglesMom

Hey Mel!

Your doing greyt things and for those of you that haven't heard, Mel and the employees of BRC MOVED 15 GREYHOUNDS TO THEIR FOREVER HOMES in ONE WEEK!!!!

How awesome is that!

Mel has great ideas for fundraising and she is really taking the lead on getting more dogs adopted, kudos to her and everyone else there.

Oh Mel,

Monica B says hi (I am dogsitting while Jess in on vacation), don't know how she did it, but without me knowingm she got one of my shoes into her kennel and when I came home, one of my favorite leather sandals looked like it got shot with a machine gun with all of the teeth marks.....................

Guest isntitgreyt

Hi Melony! Welcome from Delaware! I went to the track when I was in AL in April for the Talladega race! The lady who sits at the front door told me all about the adoption kennel and suggested I go back there to say Hi. I did but nobody was there but I wanted to say that it looks like you guys have a pretty nice set up backt there!

Maybe when I make it that far south again (which will probably be soon since Talladega is one of me and DH's favorite tracks) I can stop by and say Hi! Maybe even do a GUR back up this way!!

• 2 weeks later...