Swollen Bump/gland On Bottom

Guest wjamg

Guest wjamg

My dog was licking her bottom just a bit ago so I looked and she has a bump near her anus. Any ideas what it might be? I'll get her to the vet tomorrow.

It could be something as simple as needing to have her glands expressed. I'd take her in and have her checked because it could also be impacted glands.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Gracie had one anal gland suddenly rupture a few years ago. She hadn't even licked it much and I didn't know anything about them then.

Recently when she started licking "back there" I saw a bulge of an impacted anal gland about to blow. The vet expressed it, re-expressed it 2 days later, and gave here antibiotics.

Here's an old picture of the one that ruptured:

(rather graphic)

DSC02970_edited.jpg

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Energy11

Infected anal gland. Glad you are getting it looked at soon, before it ruptures! :-(

Once this is dealt with, your baby will feel a lot better! :-))

Guest wjamg

Update on my girl

I took her to the vet and it is some type of growth/mass. She has surgery scheduled for Tuesday..she just had a dental late Fall and now she has to go under again..AUGH so scary..it will be a long wait to hear the results of the biopsy.

Keep her in your thoughts~~

Well shoot, I was hoping it was just anal glands. Will keep your sweet baby in my prayers.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest wjamg

Thanks for your words of encouragement..my dog was a bounce who was really neglected, we've had several health issues to deal with, it seems as if I never get much time to stop worrying about her

Kydie..I grew up in southwestern pa, I sure miss the mountains..

Guest Mommydog

Sending lots of good wishes, don't worry too much about the aneasthesia. My boy had to have two within 12 days and he was OK.