Does Anybody Use Summer Boots?

So I was browsing amazon.com for dog stuff because I can't resist... well, seriously I hate shopping, but can browse for hours on amazon.... I started looking at dog boots. They do have a few for summer, none of them particularly well-criticized by other purchasers. It made me realize that I've read in here some comments about using boots in the winter, but not summer.

I walk Capri daily, actually several times a day, so I'm concerned about her little feet on the hot pavement. We have sidewalks which are better than asphalt, and she also has the option to walk on peoples' lawns next to me on the sidewalk, so it's not a huge problem. But it is a concern. Does anybody make decent summer boots that stay on, deflect the heat, and are well-tolerated by the dog?

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

Awesome thank you! They do look sturdy and well-designed. I'm going to buy a pair and see how they work.

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

Might be worth exploring this as well: http://www.musherssecret.net/

It's very easy and non-greasy to apply. I've used it in the winter but not the summer yet -- I'm planning to try it tomorrow, though, when Beth is going to be in a parade (as part of a float promoting greyhound adoption, of course!). I can't say I understand how it would really protect against hot pavement -- has anyone used it for that?

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest mtnbluebird

I've used the mushers secret on my boys, they love it! It's like a little foot rub for them and it makes their pads nice and shiny black, but is not slippery and has a nice smell. It's nontoxic so its ok if they lick. (It seems to be good for my hands too, absorbs quickly) I use it primarily to soften one of my dog's corns. I have a nice shady dead end street so hot pavement is not a concern. One of the claims on the package is that it protects against pavement.

Guest Vince

I use PAWZ, it's not the best protection from pieces of broken glass or really sharp things but they are easy to put on, they stay on, they fit greyhound feet good, it takes seconds for the dog to get use to them.

I use PAWZ, it's not the best protection from pieces of broken glass or really sharp things but they are easy to put on, they stay on, they fit greyhound feet good, it takes seconds for the dog to get use to them.

Hi Vince!

just saw that your are in Chambly!!! I did not see you introduction post... I would love to see pics of Bentley... :) :) :)

since you are new you dont have PM (private message).... I hope you see this post!

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Our first greyhound, Tuffy: You will always be there with us my angel!
Tuffy greyhound-data
Otis greyhound-data Abbey greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop