Totally Hairless!

Guest Maddyr24

Guest greyhoundluv
Rocketdog mentioned Docs Hair of the Dog. I also use it on my three black beauties. Their coats are beautiful, shiny. My grey is naked too on the neck, chest, belly, butt, thighs but what hair she does have is shiny black. P.S. we have never told her that her face is grey and that she is bald so don't say anything. She is 8 now but she thinks she looks just like she did when she came off the race track. P.S. We have also covered all the mirrors in the house so she does not see her reflection. :rolleyes:

LOL! I tell my white faced babies "Look what mommy has done! She's kissed all the color off your face:)"

Guest LindsaySF

If he is more bald than when you got him, it could be seasonal shedding. Honey has been losing hair and GT'ers told me it was probably that. :) A complete thyroid panel (T4, free T4, and TSH) can't hurt though.

I just read an interesting article in the new issue of Animal Wellness under "Talking With Dr Martin Goldstein (he is the author of The Nature of Animal Healing). Someone wrote into him about the balding on her greyhound and he suggested a newer supplement called Humanofort by Dogtor RX. It helps support and regulate hormonal function and he has seen it help hair grow back on dogs with chronic, symmetrical hair loss. www.dogtorrx.com

I made a copy of the article and website and am taking it over to my holistic vet for feedback. Think we might give it a try.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest greytsox
my red fawn looks like someone took a razor and shaved his chest and back of this thighs when his light red fawn summer coat comes in. his skin also darkens, then wintertime he returns to his nornal deep red fawn and grows hair.

My fawn Polly does is doing the same thing ( I hope ). We adopted her in April and over the past month or so we have noticed that her thighs are becoming very dark and she is losing her hair. I think I'm going to wait it out to see if it grows back before the vet check. She's very playful and has a ton of energy. I just thought it was odd that she came to us with all her hair and it's just now falling out...