Preventic Collar

Guest FordRacingRon

Guest FordRacingRon

Can someone tell me if this is the right one:

http

://www.amazon.com/PREVENTIC-Tick-Colla...475&sr=8-2

I am gonig to the Advantage and tick collar route in lieu of Frontline plus,,want to make sure I buy the right collar.

Guest kellabee

That works for greyhounds? I always tell my potential adopters to never get a flea collar.

(but hey, I don't know everything :P)

That works for greyhounds? I always tell my potential adopters to never get a flea collar.

It's a collar to prevent ticks rather than fleas...that may make the difference.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

It's a collar to prevent ticks rather than fleas...that may make the difference.

correct flee are BAD but tick are ok

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest SoulsMom

OK to use, Ok'd by my vet. Soul has worn one the past two summers. Not all the time, but when we are out and about.

Edited by SoulsMom

Guest FordRacingRon

Thank you all,,order placed today. I figure the cost of Advantage and a tick collar is actually cheaper then going with Frontline plus, and that Advantage really works well for me,,10 times better the FL.

Are there any disadvantages with a flea and tick collar??

The insecticide in a flea collar is not compatible with a greyhound metabolism. It can make a grey very sick, even cause death-depending on the flea killer in the collar.

Preventic collars are fine for greyhounds. We use and carry them as I live in tick central.

Edited by fritofeet

Guest TurnerMiller01

The insecticide in a flea collar is not compatible with a greyhound metabolism. It can make a grey very sick, even cause death-depending on the flea killer in the collar.

:eek

well,, oh no.. i hope the Ford Racing Ron will see this.. maybe you should send him a message...

that is very scary...

Guest HersheysMom

:eek

well,, oh no.. i hope the Ford Racing Ron will see this.. maybe you should send him a message...

that is very scary...

This is for the FLEA collar. The Preventic TICK collar is okay for greys. Tick only. Ford Racing Ron will be ok with that collar.

Thank you!!

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE