Mirabella Update On Her Knee Replacement

Guest houndlover

Guest houndlover

First of all I should put in a disclaimer that Claire wrote this last week but I didn't get a chance to post it until today. Here is her update from last week and some pics of Mirabella at her PT appts.

"Mirabella has had three physical therapy sessions which have included ultrasound and deep massage to stretch the muscles which are so tight from disuse. She will probably start to spend a few minutes at a time in the underwater treadmill next week. Her new knee is working very smoothly and her hip has already loosened up quite a bit. Now her very tight hock area needs to be stretched out.

During her daily walks, Mirabella will hop on three legs about half the time and put her fourth leg down half the time. That is a big improvement because now she can do so without the arthritis pain. She will put weight on the leg when we rock her gently to that side which is also a big improvement. All in all, she is doing very well four weeks after knee replacement surgery."

And here are the pics. I love the first one. She looks so relaxed. Apparently they play soothing music on the CD player while she is having the PT and turn the lites down. I think I would start to fall asleep too!

mira529.jpg

mira529aJPG.jpg

Edited by houndlover

She knows whats good for her. Its so cool to see her doing so well. They are SO worth it!

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest LindsaySF

Glad to hear the update. :)

A little birdie told me that she has a pink Red Sox collar, and once the fosters get fancy collars they don't leave... :lol

Guest houndlover
Glad to hear the update. :)

A little birdie told me that she has a pink Red Sox collar, and once the fosters get fancy collars they don't leave... :lol

Yes, you can see the collar in the first pic. It's funny that you mention that about fosters not leaving after they get a fancy collar b/c I was thinking the same thing. ;)