Lump On Eyelid

Guest argolola

Lola had a little growth removed from her eyelid 2 years ago. She was rubbing it and making it bleed. It was benign.

Prayers for your little sweetie.

Guest BiancasMom

Could be a meibomian gland cyst. They are benign but can be quite irritating which in turn can cause the dog to self inflict corneal ulcers. I don't know of any cancers that usually arise in that area. Good luck!

My Shelby has a lump that looks just like that. It is a cyst. She developed it just before she turned 12. It doesn't seem to bother her so the decision was made not to put her under anesthesia to remove it. They did give her a little sedation so that they could take a closer look (maybe a needle aspiration?) to confirm that it was in fact a cyst. The removed as much of the material inside the cyst with the needle as they could. It stayed deflated for a few months, but slowly got bigger again. Since it doesn't bother her, we are just watching it. If she starts to bother it, I will take her in to have it "deflated" again.

Really not a big deal. I hope yours turns out to be the same.

John E had two malignant tumors removed from his eyelids and they did look like that.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest kydie

looks like a cyst, a plugged hair follicle, if it is red a swollen, maybe a bee sting, doesn't look to scary, good luck to your lady