Satin Balls...that Will Make Them More Appealing?

Guest VirginiaGreys

Yay Dodge! What a good boy, eating your foodies!

I know it probably isn't the type of food you want to give.. but our guys just can't say no to bread.. especially sweet bread like Hawaiian bread or something like that.

Hang in there! :-)

FL

When Sierra was deathly ill with Histo, she wouldn't eat anything. I tried hamburger/rice, canned food, Merrick dog food, lunchmeat, you name it she wouldn't eat it.

I took her kibble, some satin balls and added the Nutritional Flakes to them and blended it up. It was almost watery, but she had to eat. I sucked it up in a horse syringe and gently squirted it into her mouth near the back. I did this for a few days and she the nutritional flakes helped to increase her appetite.

I was then hand feeding her satin balls a few times a day along with the blender diet. She eventually got back to eatin solid dog food.

Have you tried Fresh Pet? Its a log style dog food found at the grocery store in a refridgerator in the dog food isle. I fed her this to.

I'm sorry that you are having problems getting Dodge to eat. We are lucky in that we did not have that problem, for the most part, with Jamey. He gets his regular kibble with a bit of canned "Merrick's (the brand name) Grandma's chicken pot pie" food mixed in and he loves it! I sure hope that Dodge starts eating well very soon! He's been one of our heroes, as we were waiting for a diagnosis with Jamey.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Guest VirginiaGreys

Dodge is eating the satin balls now...he's just not eating anything with great gusto...but he is hungry when it's time to eat. He must like them...because if any of the other dogs come over and want to sniff...he gives them "the look" of "don't you dare eat my food"...so keeps eating. I'm not feeding in between meals now, since I want to make sure that he eats all his regular meals better.

What Dodge doesn't eat which isn't much... I give to Foxy....who LOVES eating the satin balls!

How is Jamey? Is he running full out in the back yard yet? Dodge has done some small sprints...but for the most part he is taking it easy...and slowly getting stronger..which is fine with me.