Doing Ok Without Ted

Guest tedsmom

Guest tedsmom

hi all --i just wanted to post and let y'all know that we're hanging in there-the kids and i told out fav ted stories last night and have kept so busy we have not had time to cry

life is going on, altho sad and empty. :(

Guest greythunder

Molly, you are in my thoughts and prayers daily. Life will get better, and things will improve. See, your wrist is better all ready!

You will survive, and someday you will have a greyhound again, that is the way that Ted would have wanted! He knew you loved him so much, that he wants you to share that love with another Grey that will need you as much as you will need it.

God Bless

Glad you are doing better.

We suffer many loses in life, but we learn to rebuild--albeit painfully.

After 8 1/2 months without Mil, I'm starting to think of her as Grandma Millie, who would've wanted us to take care of some more young 'uns. It's a baby step. Your healing, too, probably will be in little steps.

Take care.

What a fine way to honor his memory -- to tell your favorite stories! I am just awestruck by the enormous love you have for him. Bless you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest TorynUs

I love the stories idea too. Maybe (if your wrist is not too sore) you and the kids could write down these stories in a special memory book, maybe include photos. It is a nice way to pay tribute to a special member of the family. Maybe your child could draw some more nice pictures to include with the stories that don't happen to have photos to go with them.

Glad things are better. There will be days, like you said---many of us know that from previous losses of pets that we have all had...but somehow we move forward, but we don't forget, and that is ok---pets were meant to be remembered, not forgotten.

Guest BrockGusDad
i just wanted to post and let y'all know that we're hanging in there-

Molly, that has been my standard reply for 9+ years. I don't say it trying to sound clever; it's how it is! My friends understand completely.

I am so glad to hear you are "coming along."

Ed

Molly, I'm glad to hear that you and your family are doing better. We're all still here for you.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest KaseysMom

Molly, I was so happy to hear this post. Your days will get better with time. We're here for you, just as you're here for us too. Good luck!