Cop Chemo Protocol

I previously posted that Fiona has been diagnosed with Lymphoma. I do not want to put her through an aggressive chemo treatment and we started her on prednisone and Leukeran. This weekend the nodes under her jaw became enlarged and she is off her food now. I fear that the current protocol is not slowing the cancer much.

I have been corresponding with OSU and they recommend the COP protocol which is less aggressive and they indicate that Fi could tolerate it well with hope of some remission.

I need input form anyone who has tried this approach rather that the other protocols.

Edited by fionasmom

Guest Energy11

NO experience with it here, but I would totally TRUST whatever OSU recommends.

Dr.Couto has advised me several times on my Curfew's "presumed" brain tumor, and I have followed his advice over my vets here.

Good luck, and well will keep your baby in our thoughts and prayers! Dee and The Five.

Guest wgerber

Hi, Our boy Tiggy was diagnosed w/lymphoma in March. His chemo regime is/was 6 weekly treatments and than a treatment every other week for the rest of his life. He is in remission. Just FYI. This protocol is possibly more aggressive. He was also in the early stages.

Guest KRKWMU

Hey there. I'm just now seeing this. PM me if you have any questions (anytime!).

Bonnie's very 1st chemo protocol was the COP, recommended by OSU. She did OK, although we had some trouble in the beginning. I think we were all trying to get comfortable with the routine. The cytoxan pills you can give at home (have to wear gloves). I believe the other two medications were given at the vet's office. OSU helped us a lot. That first protocol put Bonnie into remission right away and she stayed in remission for several months.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else. Give Fiona a hug from us. :grouphug Hang in there.

Guest kydie

Hi, white light to your girl, I too feel OSU can be trusted, I would go with them have had dealings with them, love, love,love them

It has been long enough that I do not remember the drugs that we worked with but I was very fortunate to have great luck with the chemo we did with rascal. He lived for 15 months past diagnosis. The chemo that we worked with didn't impact his quality of life at all. He would have one day where he was very tired but never really sick.

Best of Luck!! I hope you have good results. :hope

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

• 1 month later...
Guest Hattiemae

Fionasmom - I used the COP protocol per OSU's advice on a foster who was not diagnosed until the disease was fairly advanced (all lymph nodes were involved). The COP protocol brought quick but brief reduction in the size of his lymph nodes. He showed no ill effects from the treatment. We ended up using a different protocol after just one round of COP which brought better results, but it was harder on him (his veins blew during IV treatment).

Tinasmom - I gave you info on the COP protocol when I emailed you yesterday afternoon. I think your post was made before I sent you the info, but I wanted to be sure you received it.