Remy Jack Just Ate A Bee!

Guest jennchendrix

Guest jennchendrix

Newbie here. We have had Remy Jack for a week and he has been a dream. So...he is content to watch squirrels, birds, even the neighbor's cat, but twice he has lunged at bugs and this one he caught!

Should I be concerned?

Jennifer

:wacko: Rainy tries to eat those darn bees all the time! I wouldn't freak out too much. Just watch him for any swelling around/in the mouth area in case he got stung. If he does have an allergic reaction, I think it would be very obvious! Then I would call the vet. Silly pups!

------

Jessica

Nope.

If he had a reaction, it would be within 15 minutes.

I know, because my old dog got bitten by some kind of bug, and he looked like a Shar Pei for a while!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest jennchendrix

Thank you! It's been about 30 min and he seems completely fine, chewing a bone on his favorite blankie. :)

Guest Energy11

IF there isn't any swelling in 30 minutes... you are probably FINE!! BUT, when IN DOUBT.. you can ALWAYS Give 50 mg of Benedryl (generic is fine) by mouth, every four hours! Totally safe, and VET recommended!!!!!!!!! Oakly got bitten by fire ants when we lived in Florida! His face looked like he was a Great Dane! Was sick for two days, but the Benedryl saved his life!

Good Luck, and keep us posted! D

Guest zestysmom

Holy moly! Great to know...my Zesty is constantly trying to make herself a snack out of them! Sooooo scary! Even my kids start freaking out when she starts snapping at them! EEEK!

Soooooooooooooo glad he is fine!!!

Guest FordRacingRon

We always carry a tab of benedryl whenever we are further then 20 mintues from home with our dog. Just in case.

Guest Energy11
We always carry a tab of benedryl whenever we are further then 20 mintues from home with our dog. Just in case.

GREAT! I would recommend carrying Benedryl ALL THE TIME, say, in a purse or backpack! You NEVER know when YOU OR YOUR HOUND might get bitten by something! The tablets are 25 mg each, so, two obviously make up 50mg, and that is the dose for you or a good size greyhound or big dog. SURE you will be tired, BUT, it will help any allergic reaction! IF you are totally allergic to something like bees or, say ... peanut butter, the Benedryl will help, BUT YOU WOULD NEED TO SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION, TOO ... 911~!!

HOPE THIS HELPS, and, if you are going to Mt. Hounds the end of the month, REMEMBER YOUR BENEDRYL! :-) Be Safe! Dee

Edited by Energy11