Pet Insurance, Again...

Guest larock

Guest larock

I just can't make up my mind - Petsecure is it worth it? We're thinking of going with Tier 3 or 4. Tier 4 has a lot of extras that would somewhat reduce the large premium.

thanks

Have you called your vets office and see what companies they recommend? You want a company that is easy to work with, one that pays its claims, and one that will work with the vet you use. The vets office hears all sorts of feedback (both the good and the ugly!) from their clients from the pet health insurance companies that thier clients use.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Guest team_weasel

I personally do not have pet insurance. But, please do read all the small print before you go ahead with it. I have heard some real nightmare stories about insurance not covering this and that after they assumed it was covered.

Guest zoolaine

I haven't heard of them either. Are they just a Canadian company? I am happy with PetFirst Insurance. It is a big job comparing all the different plans. I would not go with a company that has a fee schedule but instead go with one that pays based on what your vet charges. Good luck shopping.

Guest trevdog

I'm looking around too after Dallas' last episode. I haven't heard of that one either. I know one of my vets is big into VPI, but I'm not a fan of it.

trupanion

This was the one I was looking at but it requires a vet visit first....

Edited by trevdog

Guest larock

I think that Petsecure is Canadian, not sure what the carrier is the US is called. Our Vet has reccommended it and I was set on another company (verinsurance.com) but now I'm trending towards Petsecure.

It's only for Roodie because he's under 5. We'll just have to continue to cross our paws and put money away monthly for the Momma....

I've not heard of it either, but it may only be Canadian. I'm with PetFirst, Carl & Claire are on a family policy so it's a little cheaper. I'm very happy with them, I just received a check for $211 yesterday.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014