Rascal

Recently Rascal has developed a couple of odd lumpy things. One is very similar to something she had removed a year ago, and from what I recall it is in the same general area....

leglump1.jpg

I did not have the prior "growth" biopsied, as money was rather tight right then, and I am not positive this one is in the same area...but it's in the neighborhood at any rate.

Closer:

leglump2.jpg

It is about the size of a golf ball, and very squishy...not hard, and not attached to anything underneath. I personally think it's probably a lipoma.

The other thing she has is a little lump/growth on her face:

facelump1.jpg

facelump2.jpg

This is very strange...it gets to be a certain size, and then it comes off, and that spot bleeds a little bit....a couple of days later, the black lump starts to grow again, steadily gets larger, and comes off. It is to the point now where I think it will come off again very soon.

Any ideas on what this could be?? :blink:

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Echo, Orion and Atlas all sport similar lumps as Rascal's one on her face. They're nothing to worry over. My vet keeps an eye on theirs, but basically just calls them "old lady/man lumps".

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest ss556

Alan had the same black spotty thing - did the same thing too, came off, bled and eventually came back, but no, I don't know what it was.

Guest Che_mar_Cody

Cody has the same type "fatty bump" in the same location (between the legs and girth) one on each side actually.

His mole is on the back of his neck, same as Jiffer said, the vet watches it and says no concerns. I have one on his butt that is doing exactly what Rascal's is doing.

Whew! I didn't think either of these lumps was anything to be concerned about, but it's still nice to know others feel the same. :)

I took the girls for their pedicure today, and the groomer suggested putting a little antibiotic ointment on her face when the black crusty thing comes off. Maybe I'll try that this time.

I keep telling Rascal, "you're getting old and lumpy!" :lol. She (and Ruby, of course) will be 10 next month!

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Rusty has one of those black things right on his bottom eyelid. He also has one on his butt too. That one is harder to see. My vet told me that older dogs get these kinds of things, he's 13, but it's nothing to be concerned about.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Guest JohnnysDaddy

We recently took our non-grey to the vet for something very similar looking that we, at first glance, thought might be ticks, though they wouldn't let go. Our vet told us basically the same thing as the people above were told, but I think he called them old dog warts. He told us they were nothing to be concerned about, and no, they aren't ticks.

I hope the other bump you found is basically a minor character feature and nothing major.

Sending good thoughts