Panacur Question

should know this already but with all that Beau went through with his GI issues, I forgot the answer.

Does panacur upset the tummy under normal circumstances? Meaning using it as a prophylactic?

Elsie is going to start it tonight and I want to be prepared if she doesn't feel hungry. I want to know if it could be from the panacur.

The farm wormed her, do yout hink I still need to do it? She was transported to another farm for several days waiting for the haul east?

If I don't have to, I'd prefer not to.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

You should have no problem using it.

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest KennelMom

I'd worm her. I've never noticed it affect a dog's appetite. I've always used liquid b/c mixing the powder in w/food will sometimes make a dog turn their nose to it...guess it doesn't taste good.

I'd also probably give her a tape wormer as well, like droncit/drontal.

Edited by KennelMom

I'd worm her. I've never noticed it affect a dog's appetite. I've always used liquid b/c mixing the powder in w/food will sometimes make a dog turn their nose to it...guess it doesn't taste good.

I'd also probably give her a tape wormer as well, like droncit/drontal.

Thanks. I can capsule it. I have 100s of empty caps when I was trying different meds on Beau.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I wouldn't think it would cause a problem. I use the powder kind, put it on top of kibble, and add a bit of water - mix it in and the dogs never notice it. If I have a SUPER FUSSY foster in the house - I'll drop a couple chunks of hotdog on top, and he'll never notice.