Blood Donor Programs In De?

Anyone know of any places to contact that are near Wilmington DE? Miss Rainy might want to be a blood donor and any info would be appreciated! Does anyone else's hounds participate? Is there any reason we should not look into this? Thansk for any help!

------

Jessica

I don't know about the area you're asking about, hopefully someone here does.

My boy is a universal donor and he's very proud of his service, as am I. So thank you for considering this. Saving lives is a great thing

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest tigger

Univ of Penn is one place to check that is somewhat near you.

Also, Longwood Vet in Kennett Square, PA(just up 52) is always asking for blood donors in exchange for blood test, etc. Very nice facility and staff. You can call and inquire 610-388-3388.

kathy

Anyone know of any places to contact that are near Wilmington DE? Miss Rainy might want to be a blood donor and any info would be appreciated! Does anyone else's hounds participate? Is there any reason we should not look into this? Thansk for any help!

Thanks Tigger! I know exactly where Longwood Vet is, off Rt 52 and rt1. I just got off the phone with the U of Penn and Rainy's 2/6 heart murmur is going to put a stop in these plans. Didn't even think about that when I got the blood donor idea in my head. Guess we will just have to wait until we chip. :) Thanks for the info!

------

Jessica

Guest luckydog

Hazel is a donor thru PennVet.

One thing to remember is if your dog is a donor with them, not only do you get a battery of blood tests, but you also get food and goodies (for the dog, not you!) when you donate. And if your dog is ever unfortunate to need blood or blood products, it will be free thru Penn.