Where's Damon 5/12/94 - 4/1/09

Guest greytlady

Guest vahoundlover

I'll never forget the first day I met you. You were being returned thru no fault of your own. I packed you up and brought you home. Allan was less than pleased when we walked in the door <_< it didn't take him long to be charmed by your sweet funny personality. :wub: We thought we found you a great home, you loved their little boy and quickly became fast friends. I think back on the last couple of years and my heart aches, our first foster and the only one we didn't fail with. :(

You gave Allan a beautiful gift, the realization that another dog was not a big deal, a senior dog was a treasure. So while we were happy knowing you were doing so well with your new family, we brought Boss home, maybe that was the plan all along....your little stop at our house was to give us a gift....a gift wrapped in silver faces, eyes so wise and the love that could make a heart swell.

You filled a lot of hearts with love, we all enjoyed visiting with you and smiled at the lessons you were teaching Sara. Sometimes a good life is not defined by a family you can call your own, but a larger family that relished in watching your antics, bringing you yummy stuff, sharing a laugh and knowing that you were happy being a part of all of our lives teaching us many lessons that will be remembered forever. Sara was your mom, she gave you everything and return you gave her a much larger gift, one she will hold near and dear to her heart, as we all will.

Godspeed my sweet friend :kiss2 , you will be missed, life will never be the same, you will always be in my heart and memories. :f_red

AL3-29-09005.jpg

OKBroodies069.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest myoozikluver

I'll miss you, beautful Al. Even with the number of brothers and sisters at the kennel, you always made an impression on everyone that came by. You were a gift to us all and I'm honored to have been lucky enough to know you. I will miss you and your knowing eyes. Godspeed beautiful boy.