Zooks Is Afraid Of His Belly Band

Guest Zookiesmom

Guest Zookiesmom

We got belly bands for Zooks because he's been having accidents in the house. I put one on him - he's freaked out. I'm ignoring him, its VERY loose right now. As soon as he relaxes I'll give him a treat. Any ideas on how to get him used to it?

I pulled it off his "wee-wee" and moved it up a bit. He's laying down now, so that must have been what was bothering him. But its not effective put on like that, lol.

Thanks!

Edited by Zookiesmom

Guest Che_mar_Cody

Try doing something that is his favorite thing while having it on like going for a car ride or a short walk. This might help get his mind off of the BB and onto other things. The walk would get his senses focusing on smells along the way and not the BB.

Has he been checked out yet at the vet for "having accidents?" If not, and if there is some kind of infection or irritation, it might actually HURT. Sorry if you've already discussed the whole story!

George didn't bat an eyelash when I started using a belly band on him.

He may not understand how to turn around in a hallway, but not much phases my boy!

:colgate

Sounds like you're on the right track.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest sheila
Has he been checked out yet at the vet for "having accidents?" If not, and if there is some kind of infection or irritation, it might actually HURT. Sorry if you've already discussed the whole story!

I agree with this. Belly bands are good tools for house training, but not an adequate plan if there is a medical reason for the accidents.

If medical reasons have been ruled out then I would let the dog wear the belly band as it's supposed to be worn and just get used to it. Hopefully this is only during times when he can't be supervised.