Garry Won't Eat

He refused his dinner last night..the house was a bit noisy and he can't eat with commotion...but he usually manages to eat a bit later. He had no interest in eating. Woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible gurgly stomach. DH let him out. A couple hours later..again. I let him out. (checked this am..not D) I gave him a pepcid about 3:30 am. 7 am he ate a small amount of boiled chop meat and pasta (ancini de pepe) He wouldn't take his elavil in a pill pocket..also would not do so yesterday.

I am going to watch him for a bit today and see how he does. would it be ok to give him a second pepcid about 30 mins before dinner (they eat at five)? If not on the upswing by tomorrow will bring him in...

He is a nervous guy, so things like this make him even more nervous..poor guy...

any advice would be appreciated!

Donna

Poor Garry. Gurgling tummies are no fun! Yes, pepcid 30-45 minutes b/4 meals is good. But remember, if he doesn't want to eat, don't force the subject. He ate a little bit yesterday, right? That's ok, too. Try using tweezers to put the Elavil in the pill pocket - don't touch it with your fingers - your skin can transfer the odor of the pill to the pill pocket. Hope he just has a bit of an upset and he'll be back to normal by tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Poor Garry. Gurgling tummies are no fun! Yes, pepcid 30-45 minutes b/4 meals is good. But remember, if he doesn't want to eat, don't force the subject. He ate a little bit yesterday, right? That's ok, too. Try using tweezers to put the Elavil in the pill pocket - don't touch it with your fingers - your skin can transfer the odor of the pill to the pill pocket. Hope he just has a bit of an upset and he'll be back to normal by tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

thanks! he always gobbled the pill pocket..that is why I am confused..last couple days he turned away from it.

Oh boy- we know this route. Give him the pedcid and wait it out, If no change, take him in tomorrow, but Mary beth is not in tomorrow. the greed Doc, forgot his name is also very good, other than that, I don't like anyone else there (except Friedman who we know is not there!).

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh boy- we know this route. Give him the pedcid and wait it out, If no change, take him in tomorrow, but Mary beth is not in tomorrow. the greed Doc, forgot his name is also very good, other than that, I don't like anyone else there (except Friedman who we know is not there!).

thanks Robin! how is Beau doing?

thanks Robin! how is Beau doing?

he's doing.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project