Hi From Pa

Hi! My name is Becky, my husband is Vince and we currently have one greyhound, a four year old male named Sam. We are in western PA. I have been reading here for about three months and thought I should do an intro. and hope to do pics soon. I have learned so much in a short amount of time. We have been adopting greyhounds since March 6, 1999. I can't believe it took me this LONG to find everyone here!!! Last year was a rough one, we lost our two girls within five months of each other. Of course we continue to miss them dearly. Sam is our 5th grey in the past ten years. I can't imagine not having these wonderful pups in our lives. We are currently thinking of fostering and/or adding another grey to our pack. I miss those girlies in my life!

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

Welcome. Were at in pa.? Welived in pa all of our lives . Around johnstown.2 yrs ago we moved to wv. glad you joined Gt.

Guest IrskasMom

Hello Becky , Vince and Sam :wave :wave :wave Nice to have you here at GT. You will always have knowledgeable

People here , who can answer any kind of Question . WELCOME

Edited by IrskasMom

:welcome Hi and welcome from So Cal!!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest Che_mar_Cody

Welcome for Pittsburgh. I grew up 20 miles from Johnstown, parents are still in Somerset. Can't wait to see pictures of your baby.

Welcome for Pittsburgh. I grew up 20 miles from Johnstown, parents are still in Somerset. Can't wait to see pictures of your baby.

I also grew up in Somerset County. Vince is from Johnstown so here we are now. My family is still in Somerset. I received good news last night. We are going to be getting our first foster girl very soon!!! It is a fost with intent to adopt so hopefully things will go well. Sam is excited for a new sister!

Guest Che_mar_Cody

I also grew up in Somerset County. Vince is from Johnstown so here we are now. My family is still in Somerset. I received good news last night. We are going to be getting our first foster girl very soon!!! It is a fost with intent to adopt so hopefully things will go well. Sam is excited for a new sister!

Where at in Somerset? I drive up there every other week to visit my folks & custody of my DS! DS's dad is from Johnstown pretty close the the vo-tech.

Where at in Somerset? I drive up there every other week to visit my folks & custody of my DS! DS's dad is from Johnstown pretty close the the vo-tech.

I grew up just outside of Stoystown (North Star grad). My mother lives right in Somerset (by 84 Lumber). My husband and I lived in Somerset (on Edgewood Avenue and Sanner Street) before moving to Johnstown in 1998. Vince grew up in East Conemaugh and we live in Southmont now.

Where can I find info. on how to post pics?

Guest Che_mar_Cody

I grew up just outside of Stoystown (North Star grad). My mother lives right in Somerset (by 84 Lumber). My husband and I lived in Somerset (on Edgewood Avenue and Sanner Street) before moving to Johnstown in 1998. Vince grew up in East Conemaugh and we live in Southmont now.

Where can I find info. on how to post pics?

Holy cow I drive right by your mom's place to see my mom (Listie) Ok, now I thinking I have to know you and bet we've seen each other before. I lived on East Main before moving to the burg in 2000 and have been in Somerset since I was 16.

Here's how I post pictures, if you need help let me know

1. create an account at www.photobucket.com

2. upload photos to said site by clicking on browse---

once you click on browse, it will give you a popup window allowing you to choose from where on your computer. Since you're a beginner, I suggest putting them on your desktop.

3. Once you are done finding the photo(s) you click submit

if you look just above the little browse button, you have the option to submit multiple pictures...

don't be scared, you just do the same thing over and over-- THEN click submit.

4. Once you get the "your files have been uploaded successfully". You can scroll down and see them there.

5. Below each photo are three little windows with what is called "html code". Again don't be afraid, you can't ruin it!

6. In the lowest of the three, you'll see IMG next to it on the left-- put your cursor in there, and left click ONCE. Don't worry if you do it twice, it's not going anywhere. It's just if you click twice, it will un-highlight the text. What you want to do it have ALL of the text in that little window highlighted.

Your foster girl, where's she coming from? Monica's Heart?

Yes, she is coming from Monica's Heart. We have been with Monica's Heart since around 2002. We like to have two dogs at a time. Our 6 year old girl died suddenly in October. We did not get another dog right away because one we were heart broken and two Sam has been having some medical problems.

Thanks for help with the pics.