Can I Give Vinny Florastor?

Guest FrostyBottoms

Guest FrostyBottoms

Vinny is on Baytril for a month, we are trying to get rid of an infection around his metal plate, he has been taking Purina probiotics and it's been keeping his poops solid, well, we ran out and now the vet is closed for the weekend, but i have some Florastor (that i take) and i was wondering if I could give it to him instead of the Purina stuff....anyone know, and if so, how much should i give him?

Don't know, but I think he's probably got enough of the stuff down there to get through the weekend without worrying about.

As you know, George was on Baytril for 14 weeks, and has zero issues at all with his tum--but then again, he does have a cast iron gut! Perhaps brother Vinny might too?

Or what about yogurt?

George sends chopper wags to his younger brother.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest FrostyBottoms

Well, he has already started with squishy poop...not liquid yet, but I'm trying to avoid that....and that is with yogurt added.....

Vinny wishes he had brother George's cast iron gut.

It won't hurt to give him your Florastor but it might not help much -- different bacteria in dogs' guts and ours.

Could also try half a metamucil wafer twice a day (I get the generic Walgreen's wafers, same thing, cinnamon flavor). For some reason these seem to help whereas powdered metamucil does not.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.