Billy Isn't Eating Again

Guest houndlover

Guest houndlover

Billy hasn't been eating well again and he started vomiting and having diarrhea. I had him at the vet on 2/14 for a nail trim and he was about 5lbs below what his "normal" weight is. He looks very thin. He had been eating 6C of food a day and maintaining his weight. Now I'm lucky if I can get him to eat 4C of food a day. I just went through this same thing with him in Sept/Oct of last year so I know what I should and shouldn't be doing.

This morning he barely finished 1C of kibble with hamburg/rice. I also noticed today that he could hardly stand up b/c the hind end weakness had gotten so bad. He was fine yesterday and then this morning his back end kept dropping to the floor. I called the vet and they want to see him tonite to do bloodwork. She thinks it might be pancreatitis again (he had this in the fall of last year) or his kidney failure is progressing.

I am an absolute wreck right now. I can't stand the thought of something happening to him. Please keep him in your thoughts.

Keeping him in my thoughts... So sorry you're both going through this.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I completely understand about having a sick dog that won't eat. Keep in mind, he is very in tune to you and if you freak out, he really won't eat. Been there, done that.

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest houndlover

Thanks for the good thoughts. The vet thinks that this is a bacterial infection. She said that she would do the bloodwork if I wanted but after examining Billy she didn't think that it was his kidneys or pancreatitis. So I decided to try metronidazole for 5 days. She also suggested prostora max which is probiotics specifically for canines. We also came home with some rx dry and canned food. I have to call back in 48 hours to let her know how he is doing. I always feel like I panic and overreact when something is wrong with one of my dogs but it really put my mind at ease to have him seen tonite.

Guest houndlover

Billy seems to have more of an appetite tonite so I am hopeful that he will feel even better tomorrow. He does still have diarrhea but he didn't vomit tonite after he ate, which is a great sign. Thanks for all of the good wishes. :)

Billy seems to have more of an appetite tonite so I am hopeful that he will feel even better tomorrow. He does still have diarrhea but he didn't vomit tonite after he ate, which is a great sign. Thanks for all of the good wishes. :)

Good news! Please keep us posted on how he's doing

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless