Poor Lucy...broken/bruised Toe

Tucker broke his inside rear toe three weeks ago. He has had it wrapped. He did ok til the latest wrap on Sunday. He got some sand or dirt inside the bandage. I noticed him bothering it on Wednesday night and keeping his foot higher off the ground than when he first injured it. I took the wrap off on Thursday morning. He has a yucky spot on his leg...right on the bone. I've been keeping it clean after soaking it. I figured it would heal with the air on it. Today he was chewing on it and it is now a mess. Off to the vet tomorrow. My other dog takes his last antibiotic tomorrow. I guess Tucker will start his then! Hope you don't get to that point. I think we would have been better off just leaving it to heal on it's own. Good luck!

Tucker broke his inside rear toe three weeks ago. He has had it wrapped. He did ok til the latest wrap on Sunday. He got some sand or dirt inside the bandage. I noticed him bothering it on Wednesday night and keeping his foot higher off the ground than when he first injured it. I took the wrap off on Thursday morning. He has a yucky spot on his leg...right on the bone. I've been keeping it clean after soaking it. I figured it would heal with the air on it. Today he was chewing on it and it is now a mess. Off to the vet tomorrow. My other dog takes his last antibiotic tomorrow. I guess Tucker will start his then! Hope you don't get to that point. I think we would have been better off just leaving it to heal on it's own. Good luck!

Poor Tucker! Please give him some gentle scritches from us. Lucy's toe seems straight, so we are going the au naturalle route at the moment. Thank you for reinforcing that decision.