Gas From A Shot?

:sick Sammi gets 3 yr rabies vacc's, so this is the first one I've had to take her in for since her last one was right before I adopted her. Last night and this morning... WOW :fart is there pork byproduct in that vaccination? Because up until about 5 minutes ago, that's the only time I have smelled this from her. I noticed her morning poop was a little mushy at the very end as well. No change in diet, no added treats she otherwise had never gotten before. She got one of those "chew for hours! -unless you're Sammi, then it's 30 min tops" bones that she has had before (brand/flavor) when she got home from the vet's yesterday.

Only 2 things different in the house....

~ the fact she had her vacc's yesterday (I don't remember the gas inthe past 2 years from her yearlies, tho)

~and my son has Flu-B :(

editted to get the "cool" emote out and the flu type showing

ETA~ Just called the vet to double check, he says No, the Flu-B cannot be transmitted from human to canine. (After I had typed it, I had wondered if maybe she was getting sick)

Edited by Gryffenne

Guest BlackandBrindle

When Sadie got her rabies vac, the next day I came home to diarrhea all over the foyer. She had liquid poops for a day and then felt much better.

I was told by the stupid vet tech, well she probably picked something up while she was here :rolleyes: No, it was a reaction to the vaccine. She was fine within 24 hours though.

Guest CindiLuvsGreys

It could just be the stress from going to the vet and getting the shot. I know I hate going to the doctor and getting a shot and these dogs are at least 1/2 Drama Queen :lol Hopefully she will be feeling better by day's end.

Yup. My collie used to be off for at least the day of, and the next day after vaccs. Sometimes gas, and sometimes loose stools. (Some of this could have also been attributed to his car rides, which upset his stomach.) My grey has never had any issues.