The Losses Rise

rycezmom

I can only echo what the others have said. Coming back on Sunday, happy from a wonderful trip and seeing Winslow doing so well, I saw so many losses, and it hit me hard. It is bittersweet to be among others who understand and share the sadness, because that sense of family comes from the pain of losing a beloved Grey. Right now, for some reason, it seems more overwhelming, and I've found myself crying every day. I just have to remember that it hurts so much because we love so much. And we wouldn't have it any other way.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest fasterthanu

Losing a pet is like losing a child. At least for me it is. I have often been criticized for putting my dogs in the same category as my children but it is true. They are more then just dogs to us. They share all of our experiences, travel with us, and have the same squabbles as our skin kids. We talk to them just like our skin kids.....

your going to get a time out if you do not stop that

enough with the hording toys

quiet please

All statements I have made to both.

It is nice to have a spot to go where comfort and understanding is readily available. It does help!

I have two forums that I enjoy; mainly because a lot of the same members are on both and I cannot pick which one is my favorite because I come to both regularly!

Thank you to all and for all those who have lost

My deepest sympathies! :grouphug

Guest PhillyPups

This thread has been very healing and helpful for me.

As I have said before, there is an awesome peace in my heart for Stepper ~ which was his way. Stepper would want us to only share tears of laughter for him, as he was The Clown Prince to the Queen, he was my Smilemaker ~ his whole job was to make everyone happy, and my soul is so happy from having shared our journey together.

I think a lot of the peace in my heart comes from knowing Stepper, he could not stand to see me sad or cry, he would do everything he could, from grabbing his purple screaming monkey and making it scream, to coming over to me and plastering his face straight up my chest so that I looked down just to see his adoring eyes looking at me.

Ah how I miss him so.

I jsut have to say that I know "that's life" but I am feeling very angry over all the losses here lately. It's eating me up inside. Again, my heart goes out to all of you.

Guest jeannejj

The love, adoration and devotion we get from and give to each pup comes with a price. Just as our love for family and friends, it too has a price. Nothing is forever, and all must part at some time. But, the warmth and comfort and happiness that we gain is so worth it. The tears and the ache in our heart will pass in time, to be replaced by a warm memory that will make us laugh or cry, as we remember and hold the remembrance close. The ones who left are not gone, but stay close. Open your heart and you will feel them around you. Each parting brings a new scar, but we will have gained much happiness.

To all who have suffered losses, pups or humans, be kind to yourself, and listen and watch for them. Allow your heart to heal, to love again.

:grouphug:grouphug