Bushfires In Victoria (australia)

Guest cficare

Guest cficare

As this tragedy continues to unfold and the human cost mounts I spare a thought for those families who have lost pets in the fires. Tens of thousands of hectares of land and (so far) 108 lives and 750 homes have been lost.

As this tragedy continues to unfold and the human cost mounts I spare a thought for those families who have lost pets in the fires. Tens of thousands of hectares of land and (so far) 108 lives and 750 homes have been lost.

The count is expected to rise significantly. There are many areas that are completely cut off, and entire towns are completely gone. It was over 115 degrees with near gale-force winds on Saturday, creating firestorms of horrific magnitudes and speeds. So many people were caught completely off guard.

And the worst part? Many of the fires were deliberately lit. :(

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

:candle:candle:candle

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Cross-post from a member of my Australian Greyhound Yahoo Group:

"I received the devestating news today that my cat Vet, Carole, has lost her

Husband, home and animals in the Kinglake fires on Saturday."

:cry1

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers