Sherman Is Dumping His Coat

Guest Shermanator

Guest Shermanator

Sherman is blowing his coat. Fur is EVERYWHERE! He's also developed some nasty dandruff. Ew.

He's not scratching a lot, he just needs something for his coat.

What does everyone recommend?

:)

Guest greytmonty

Not much advice, DH just noticed Monty is also blowing his coat. I think he did this last Feb too. I was thinking it was from the chemo, but it might be that time of year.

For dandruff try some moisturizing shampoo with oatmeal. Also fish oil or salmon oil in the food might help.

Guest greyvettech

There is a good product called platinum plus(you sprinkle on his food) or there is efa-z plus(pour on his food) is it a supplement with glucosamine/chondrotin,all the omega three fatty acids-It decreases dandruff and makes the coat shiney-Also fish oil works well :)

Guest speedoketo

Eicosaderm by dermapet works great - its fish oil with lots of omega 3's and it got rid of my greys dandruff and he's so shiny i can practically see myself in him. it does smell pretty strongly of fish but my boy loves it squirted on his food

My groomer told me that everyone's dogs are shedding like crazy. She had an Akita in recently and he was sooooo bad, she actually had to put goggles and a face mask on. She said that she couldn't even see in the room because there was so much undercoat flying around!

Guest NewGreyOwner

Connor's been shedding like crazy - we haven't had him that long and wondered if this was normal. He's also started getting more flaky, but doesn't really scratch that much. Is this just part of getting through winter????

Guest Capslock

About twice a year my Otis sheds like crazy. He is right now, in fact. And by crazy I mean I could make another dog with the fur.

Of my four greys, he's the only one that's had this, but it's like clockwork every year. And he's almost 12 now!