Lumps

Argos has a small lump. I first noticed it last night. It is not warm to the touch, hard or even super squishy. It's just there. It has not gotten bigger since yesterday...

should I watch a few days and if no improvement take him to the vet? Does he need to go to the vet asap?? Lumps scare me...I lost my last dog to lymphoma...his was much bigger and warm and hard than this but I am a worrier.

DSC01361.jpg

The little red circle is just about where the bump is (hard to pinpoint on a photo)

Edited by GreytHoundPoet

Guest BlackandBrindle

Spud has a lump that I've been watching for months now (since his dog attack).

Sadie's got a weird thing on her thigh that I'm also watching (for longer than Spud's lump).

The vet isn't concerned unless they get bigger. I wouldn't take him into the vet unless you were planning on it anyway unless it somehow changes.

They get lumps. Not all lumps are scary stuff :grouphug

Holly has a funny little lump on one of her front legs. I thought it was a zit at first, but while it grew a little bit it stopped when it got to the size of about half an apple pip and did nothing.

I noticed it just before christmas and as the boys were due for their boosters in the new year I decided to wait and take her in when they went in (unless it suddenly grew or bled or anything).

my vet did a FNA and looked at what came out under the microscope. I can't remember what he said it was, but it was nothing to worry about, there were no bad or abnormla cells :)

fingers crossed its a zit or other harmless lump

Dang Shannon, if it's not one thing it's another! I'll keep you all in my prayers.

You're telling me. I never posted about it but the day Lucius was off bed rest we took him on a trip to the pet store and when we came in...Lucky Girl got under his feet and he rolled her and hurt her leg. :rolleyes: She limped a few days but is good now. If it's not one thing it's another...please keep Argos in your prayers. :)

Thanks everybody...I get paranoid when I see lumps...because of my Dal I lost and my best friend growing up died of lymphoma...lumps are scary!

I'll keep a tight watch on it and take him if it changes.

I would watch the lump for changes and check for others (like in the armpits). Praying for Argos!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I would watch the lump for changes and check for others (like in the armpits). Praying for Argos!

Thanks for the prayers! So far...no more bumps and lumps anywhere else. I will keep a watch. He's good about letting me check him over...just wants to play during it. :rolleyes:

Guest BlackandBrindle

Might I also suggest taking pictures of it maybe once a month so you have a visual reference. I did that with Spud's for a while, but after months of it not changing, I stopped :)

Might I also suggest taking pictures of it maybe once a month so you have a visual reference. I did that with Spud's for a while, but after months of it not changing, I stopped :)

Good idea...but right now it has not even breached the skin. I can feel it under the skin...but cannot see it. Hopefully it remains that way!

Guest gennygrey

I noticed a lump on my dog Shadow a few days ago. I took him to the vet and it ended up being a lipoma. The vet said that it is not representative of osteosarcoma, so that put my mind at ease. He is having his lipoma removed on 3/16 when we get back from Sandy Paws. He stated that they are usually nothing to worry about, but with greyhounds and how muscular they are, you have to watch where they start, because in time they get bigger and can cause pressure on their on their joints or nerves. Shadow's lump is on his inner thigh and on his inner leg muscles. I would not rush out to the vet, but definitely get it checked. In my previous experience, my past greyhound was not so lucky. Good thoughts and prayers to you.

I noticed a lump on my dog Shadow a few days ago. I took him to the vet and it ended up being a lipoma. The vet said that it is not representative of osteosarcoma, so that put my mind at ease. He is having his lipoma removed on 3/16 when we get back from Sandy Paws. He stated that they are usually nothing to worry about, but with greyhounds and how muscular they are, you have to watch where they start, because in time they get bigger and can cause pressure on their on their joints or nerves. Shadow's lump is on his inner thigh and on his inner leg muscles. I would not rush out to the vet, but definitely get it checked. In my previous experience, my past greyhound was not so lucky. Good thoughts and prayers to you.

Thank you for the advice and good luck with the removal!

Luckily (knocking on wood) Galgos are less prone to cancer than their greyhound cousins...so I hope that holds true with him!