Topical Solutions For Dry Skin

Guest SoulsMom

Guest SoulsMom

HyLyt EFA Bath Oil /Conditioner delivered yesterday. It smells so good! I sprayed his back and his shoulders and hindquarters. Rubbed it in then put his jammies on. It didn't seem to bother him at all, no itchies. I didn't take his jammies off until right before I left for work, so I won't know until tonight if it's helping the the flakies or not :goodluck

• 2 months later...
Guest SoulsMom

It has! I put it on before bedtime two or three times a week. I really notice a difference if I go a week or so without spraying him down. I was out of town last week and boy is he flaky now! He'll be getting his 'spa treatment' tonight :P

Guest LindsaySF

I was going to suggest a leave-in conditioner spray too.

I used to use a "cream rinse" on my ferrets after their baths, it made them silky smooth. :D

Edited by LindsaySF

Guest RocketDog

Miracle Coat leave-in conditioning spray is my FAVORITE thing for dry/dandruffy skin. I've been using it on Rocket for over a year, and it definitely helps! If I run out or forget to use it when I brush him, I can definitely see an increase in flakies a few days later. It's about $10 for a bottle that will last you a good 6 months or so... I get mine at PetCo/PetSmart.

Guest kydie
This winter is really doing a number on Soul's skin. It's so dry and flaky :( I've gotten a number of suggestions for oral solutions, but unfortunately Soul cannot have anything new introduced into his diet right now.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a topical remedy?

rub mink oil in the skin, you know topically, pur mink oil, this is an old groomer trick for dry skin on hunting dogs, I do this all the time .. good luck kydie