Have You Ever Seen Black Heads On A Greyhound?

Guest Whippet

Gracie has a few and occasionally I'll work on them.

One lesson learned: Using the Biore strips won't do much to remove the blackhead but they will earn you a stink-eye from your grey. :P

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Stoney had a 4x6 patch of them on his chest and several on his rump when he came to us. Poor boy was in such a state! He also had a pretty bad staph infection, so once we got that 100% cleared up I went to town on the black heads. Warm compress and gentle extraction was all he really needed. They've mostly cleared up, but every so often he will get a few on his belly area.

Guest sorenkkg
Any of our "nekkid" tummy kids gets them too. They're normal. :)

Not only does Haka have some blackheads (not many, so I don't bother with them) but he gets these sort of pimples... but NOT where he sphinxes, just all over, in random places... top of the head, on his side, on the back leg... sort of like a hard whitehead (not soft and pop-able, ick) so they sort of grow out and then we pull it out-- usually doesn't bother him, but might scab.

what do you think that is? I think the vet called it something, basically pimples sort of-- nothing to be concerned about though (but it is gross-- the biggest one he had, on the top of his head-- looked like another head was growing!)

Atlas gets these all the time all over his body. When we first adopted him, he had one right on his head and it stuck out. We call him Lumpy all the time. :lol

He currently has two; one on his shoulder and one on the top of his head.

:lol the ones on the head, b/c the fur is so short there, really look like he's growing a 2nd head, or his brain is pushing out or something-- UGH gross.

Aleeya has one on her back, near the base of the tail... I'm not touching it since it seems like a big one :P

I'm telling you-- they should put this stuff in "Greyhounds for Dummies" b/c all they talk about is adjusting them to your house and some training-- where's the info on ear cleaning, eye goop, blackheads and sebacious cysts :blink: , using baby-wipes on their behinds, raising one paw when g-d forbid a piece of snow gets in the webbed toes, SNORING, feet moving in the sleep... Someone should tell people!!!

Guest greytgrandma

I agree they should put this in "Greyhounds for Dummies" or something because when I first saw Hot Rod's blue weird spot on his belly I thought he had somesort of weird scar or skin disease. :o Thank goodness for GT and I found the pickers thread. I got most of them out which didnt take much effort, and he didnt care .He no longer has the "blue" spot he has a few hear and there but I just leave those alone. I think its good this subject comes up once in a while here for the newbees like I was.

eta:actually Im still pretty much a newbee Im learning stuff all the time here :rolleyes:

Edited by greytgrandma