Hello From New Hampshire

Guest Greytdawgs

Guest Greytdawgs

We have been greyhound owners for over 4 years..We adopted Jay from GPA as a timid 4 year old with a complicated fracture repair of his right hind leg which included skin graphs. The first year was a tough adjustment...the leg did heal after bandage changes for 2 months...(though we call it a peg leg), he went on to learn obedience, participate in greyhound parades and meet and greets. We just love him and he makes friends whereever he goes! He shares his life with me, my husband, 2 Maine Coon Cats, and a 14 year old brittany spaniel. We have fostered greyhounds too, and as a veterinary technician we have done our share of socializing him at the clinic. Jay even helped to save a dog namd Sheila's life by being a blood donor. He has always been a trooper. I've been visiting the boards for a long time but have finally decided to post a few new topics. Jay has been afflicted with a terrible lameness in his front leg recently and we are doing what we can for him. It appears to be an inflammatory condition affecting the bones, tendons, and joints. The biopsy result was vague...calling it inflammatory synovitis of his carpus. It is inoperable and causes him great pain when not on prednisone. I would love to hear from anyone that has had a similiar diagnosis with their hound.

:welcome Welcome from Maine. Our first three greys were all GPA NH dogs. Jay sounds like a wonderful boy - he came to the right home.

You might want to post your question in Health & Medical as well. There could be someone with experience with Jay's condition who might miss seeing this in the Welcome section. We have had such valuable advice from fellow GreyTalkers - I am sure you will enjoy this site. :wubsite

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest UndefinedAli

Welcome, from Raymond! My parents are in Deerfield so I'm there all the time. I'm sorry to hear about your boy's pain. What vet do you use?

Welcome from Pelham, NH, both of my greys are from GPA NH too! I am sorry to hear that Jay is having trouble with his leg, I have not had experience w/his diagnosis but my Sara was on prednisone for a year when she was diagnosed w/GME. This is a great place to come for support, hope he is feeling better soon.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

:welcome Hi and welcome from Southern California! I'm sorry to hear Jay is having such a hard time. I hope you're able to figure out exactly what's wrong.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound