Getting A Shiny Coat

Guest amn70

I've noticed looking at pics of a lot of other greys on here that the coats have a nice sheen to them. Laddie's coat always has a dull look to it. Its filled in nicely but just no shine. He eats Innova Adult which has been great for his digestion. Rarely ever has soft poos. He also gets a fish oil supplement almost every day. Not sure why his coat seems to so dull compared to others I see on here. Some of those coats look like they have been oiled. Any tips or ideas?

Guest greytgrandma

Hot Rod has a very nice soft coat but he doesnt really shine. I wonder if it had to do with color. Iv noticed how the black houndies always look shiny in their pics

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

Do you brush him? A rubber curry brush is great, I brush my guys twice a week, they're all pretty shiny and they LOVE it!

I have 5 black greyhounds and all their coats shine, and 1 fawn foster who has a really nice thick coat but no shine. All of them get the same diet, vitamins and fish oil so I also think it may just have to do with the dog's inherent coat color.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

Rainy got shiny after about 2 months of being with us. I have to admit I am horrible with remembering to brush her.... :) I think lots of love and some fish oil have something to do with it. Maybe some colored pups just aren't ment to be shiny?

------

Jessica